E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Environment

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 31 60.78%
No 15 29.41%
Styrofoam for Everyone! 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

09-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #67
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
Yep, it's all about control, power and votes.
STILL

But that lil fact runs across party lines... as long as politics are involved that is!

Don't completely scare me with the comment about everyone needing to be super conservative. That would be no good at all. I may be an avid republican, but there definitely needs to be some forward thinking, which most conservatives lack. I find many super conservatives saying things like, such and such "USED TO BE" blah blah blah. Not interested in that. Keep moving forward. Don't need conservatives giving me their theological opinion on science. Our bodies were once entirely covered by hair, get over it.

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 09-16-2010 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #68
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Because your soapbox is annoying. Even though I agree with 90%+ of what you are saying.

I still don't think it is the advertisers financial responsibility to make billboards in english if 75% of the people reading it speak spanish primarily. Who the hell are we to force advertisers to only advertise in english....

THIS IS SOOO
I'm also annoyed when I see these damn billboards but it's not just billboards. I didn't say we should make them stop. I do think the government should stop making forms in more than just english though. I can't even think straight when I think about this crap. I just see everywhere ans can't stand it. Houston is horrible about all of this....gotta go work I'll get back on my soapbox later.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #69
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I may be an avid republican, but there definitely needs to be some forward thinking
I completely agree. On such a thing as energy policy, most conservatives realize that we need to move towards greener alternatives. I'm in oil and gas, and we all know that it's coming. We aren't oblivious. There is such a thing as peak oil after all. But the way in which the current administration wants to go about it is just ludicrous. They have no idea what they are doing. They want to phase or transition the oil and gas industry (which fuels this country every day) out as quickly as they can so that they can make way for their new green initiatives, which take YEARS to develop.

Not even to mention the moratorium in the gulf, carried out purely from a political and agenda-oriented perspective, without regard to economic consequences.

Last edited by bolinp78; 09-16-2010 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #70
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
A) You are taking what he is saying too literally. Of course he cares that there are people out there that are leeching off of the system. He's saying that they shouldn't be his problem; He shouldn't HAVE to care about them.

B) Again, you are taking it way too literally. He's saying that it SHOULDN'T be his problem.
Yeah, you're right. Thank you for translating redneckian.
      09-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #71
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I don't really care about the environment. I certainly don't care about being green. But this comes with a bit of a caveat.

While I couldn't be bothered to give 2 hoots about anything green, I do care about cleanliness. I don't litter, and will pick up litter at times (circumstantial) just to keep things a bit nicer. I also won't bring my own grocery bags to the store, however I don't use big black trash bags either. I use old grocery bags I save at home for my trash bags. Effectively re-using them, and even saving me the price of buying black trash bags. But I don't do these things for the environment, I do it to keep my livelihood cleaner.

I also laugh at hybrid owners. Just sayin.
      09-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #72
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I don't really care about the environment. I certainly don't care about being green. But this comes with a bit of a caveat.

While I couldn't be bothered to give 2 hoots about anything green, I do care about cleanliness. I don't litter, and will pick up litter at times (circumstantial) just to keep things a bit nicer. I also won't bring my own grocery bags to the store, however I don't use big black trash bags either. I use old grocery bags I save at home for my trash bags. Effectively re-using them, and even saving me the price of buying black trash bags. But I don't do these things for the environment, I do it to keep my livelihood cleaner.

I also laugh at hybrid owners. Just sayin.
I hate you people that use shopping bags as garbage bags... do you realize they weren't meant to hold food/household waste. If you over fill them they often split and spill all over the street when they are being transferred to the truck. Where is your broom when that happens?!
Appreciate 0