E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Who "has not" gone 155 on here?

01-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #89
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

120 was my highest-335
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #90
itsjappo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

i havent.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #91
airshane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
I know right? For some reason on highways, the right lane is always EMPTY and so I cruise over there.
I went home to MO a few weeks back and watched a guy get onto I-55 south. It was 11PM, no traffic, and as soon as he gets through the merge lane he moves into the left lane. He was probably going 65 in a 70. F-tards!

Ignore the "REpost" sign ... This is what should be done to those people.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #92
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
Which is why I say after driving all over this land, there is driving in the States and then there is driving in NYC metro area.
True. I never thought people could be as crazy as they are until I got here...it's like if you aren't doing 20mph over then you are getting run over. I did 110 on 87S w/out even feeling like I was doing anything wrong.

As to 155: No.

I did once see a sportbike pass me at about 630am doing what I would conservatively estimate as 185mph. He barely kept it within 3 lanes as the highway curved. Thought I was gonna see some body parts go flying
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #93
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by airshane View Post
I went home to MO a few weeks back and watched a guy get onto I-55 south. It was 11PM, no traffic, and as soon as he gets through the merge lane he moves into the left lane. He was probably going 65 in a 70. F-tards!

Ignore the "REpost" sign ... This is what should be done to those people.
LOL I see that ALL the time!! WHY do people do that? I just read that and started laughing out loud

I completely understand the repost sign man these smilies are too funny.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #94
airshane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL I see that ALL the time!! WHY do people do that? I just read that and started laughing out loud

I completely understand the repost sign man these smilies are too funny.
Only thing I can figure is that they know that eventually, somewhere in the next 100 miles, that they will need to pass a heavily loaded tractor trailer up a hill and that they should go ahead and move over now so they don't get blocked in.

My other MO favorite are the morons who can't use cruise control. You know the ones. You're going 78 in a 70 with the cruise locked, and you pass them. They can't have that, so they speed back up and get in front of you, then a mile later you pass them again, then they pass you, and so on ... ad infinitum. This can also be changed up by adding that they get in the left lane and force you to turn off your cruise while they pick berries out of their rear-end at 65 passing a truck going 64.995 MPH. Then after you pass them for the umpteenth time they can't believe you have the gall to ride their tail while they passed the big scary truck, then tailgate you. You tire of the headlights so you slow down to 72 in a 70, and they won't pass for five miles. Then they floor it, speed up to 85 for a mile and pass you, then two minutes later you're back at it again. I HATE driving in MO.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #95
GFX MIK3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 2008 335xi

maxed out on i-287 right past white plains
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #96
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Only thing I can figure is that they know that eventually, somewhere in the next 100 miles, that they will need to pass a heavily loaded tractor trailer up a hill and that they should go ahead and move over now so they don't get blocked in.

My other MO favorite are the morons who can't use cruise control. You know the ones. You're going 78 in a 70 with the cruise locked, and you pass them. They can't have that, so they speed back up and get in front of you, then a mile later you pass them again, then they pass you, and so on ... ad infinitum. This can also be changed up by adding that they get in the left lane and force you to turn off your cruise while they pick berries out of their rear-end at 65 passing a truck going 64.995 MPH. Then after you pass them for the umpteenth time they can't believe you have the gall to ride their tail while they passed the big scary truck, then tailgate you. You tire of the headlights so you slow down to 72 in a 70, and they won't pass for five miles. Then they floor it, speed up to 85 for a mile and pass you, then two minutes later you're back at it again. I HATE driving in MO.
Man I feel you Never understood those guys. I just like the ones who tailgate you coming off of an exit and try to do a quick pass. You know, those arrogant, barely-miss-the-rear-left-fender lane changes.

Until the twin turbos eat them for breakfast

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #97
undecided
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
Yeah, except for the cheap interior, the GSX was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
My dad had a '97 GSX back in the day. I loved that car - fast, handled well, looked awesome and priced right. It was way ahead of its time.
And the not so great brakes. I tried stopping from 140+ to 60 and it took a while...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #98
E90BlackBeauty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

135 when i hit the governor- 325xi
      01-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #99
airshane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Man I feel you Never understood those guys. I just like the ones who tailgate you coming off of an exit and try to do a quick pass. You know, those arrogant, barely-miss-the-rear-left-fender lane changes.

Until the twin turbos eat them for breakfast
Had one of those tards do that to me the other day. Moron passes me, cuts across in the right lane, then brakes to slow down to take the exit. No doubt he stopped at the light at the bottom of the ramp too. Friggin' idiot.

I also enjoy those who think actually using their blinker means that everyone should yield to them. You know the type ... They try to pass you on the right, then get next to you and turn on their blinker inching closer and closer thinking that because they tailgated for the last two miles that you'll let them over after their failed attempt to pass on the right.

I'm usually pretty laid back and relaxed. I'll be nice ... but it's douchebags like these that make me wish for a real-life version of a Need For Speed PC Cheat Code from some years back. You'd get behind someone and honk, and the car in front of you would flip out of control off the road. In real-life I guess it would be a James Bond like RPG launcher behind the fog lights ... but I'm guessing the feds would have a problem with this.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #100
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Had one of those tards do that to me the other day. Moron passes me, cuts across in the right lane, then brakes to slow down to take the exit. No doubt he stopped at the light at the bottom of the ramp too. Friggin' idiot.

I also enjoy those who think actually using their blinker means that everyone should yield to them. You know the type ... They try to pass you on the right, then get next to you and turn on their blinker inching closer and closer thinking that because they tailgated for the last two miles that you'll let them over after their failed attempt to pass on the right.

I'm usually pretty laid back and relaxed. I'll be nice ... but it's douchebags like these that make me wish for a real-life version of a Need For Speed PC Cheat Code from some years back. You'd get behind someone and honk, and the car in front of you would flip out of control off the road. In real-life I guess it would be a James Bond like RPG launcher behind the fog lights ... but I'm guessing the feds would have a problem with this.
Yeah man, people are just in a hurry to go nowhere nowadays. I really only do that once in a while, mainly to the Infiniti G37 guys since they think they're faster than everyone else Even when I didn't own a 335 I knew what their pickup was and wasn't ignorant enough to get owned by one.

Those blinker guys are another example of the people in a hurry to go nowhere. I'm a nice driver too, my mom was the one who would lose it

But that NFS cheat code just might cause some problems. Not many, just a few LOL.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #101
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

fastest 230km/h which is about 145mph, at the track of course
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #102
Rome
:))))))
Germany
Rep
Drives: reckless

ill be sure not to buy any car from anyone in this thread..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #103
airshane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah man, people are just in a hurry to go nowhere nowadays. I really only do that once in a while, mainly to the Infiniti G37 guys since they think they're faster than everyone else Even when I didn't own a 335 I knew what their pickup was and wasn't ignorant enough to get owned by one.

Those blinker guys are another example of the people in a hurry to go nowhere. I'm a nice driver too, my mom was the one who would lose it

But that NFS cheat code just might cause some problems. Not many, just a few LOL.
Since we're on the subject ... albeit a little off topic ... but this isn't that serious of a thread IMHO ... there is nothing worse than the f-wit that uses every last inch of a closing lane (i.e. construction, lane closed ahead) just to get 10 cars ahead, only to make everybody else stop and let them into traffic. That is one situation where I refuse to budge. If there is adequate warning there is no reason you can't move over before the lane ends, not right in front of the bloody cones.

In other news - really pissed a d-bag in an Escelade off the other night. Guy was obviously in a hurry, and wanted around me and the other 100 cars in the next mile. Another moron in the left-lane was dragging, but I saw what was taking place and got into the middle lane. Car in front of me moves to the right lane and this guy in the caddy thinks he can swing around in front of me. I dropped the bimmer in 3rd and closed that gap before he could swing into it. Apparently he wanted to see the inside of my car so he turned his high beams on, honked, and road my bumper till he had a chance to pass. This time he goes over to the right lane, and gets blocked in.

Why can't the cops take these morons off the road? Oh, right, it's easier to use an arbitrary number to enforce "safety" because as long as you're under that number you're safe. :
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #104
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Only about 100ish.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #105
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Fastest I have gone is as follow:

130 mph in BMW 525i

140 mph in GSXR-1000

140 mph in BMW 335i coupe

142 mph in BMW 745i

145 mph in BMW 545i

150 mph in BMW 645ci

162 mph in Ford GT
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #106
thkfast
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Sakhir Orange DCT

Two buddies and I were on the way to a car show. Came across a long straight away and couldn't resist...70 mph to the rev limiter, so at least the car thought it was going 155. Probably 25 seconds or so. Smooth as silk and rock solid. I don't have to do that again. No BFD.

2015 F82 M4 - Sakhir Orange Metallic
2013 E92 M3 / 2013 E92 335is / 2010 E90 335i / 2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #107
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

On public roads, getting from point A to point B faster is a matter of driving smart, not fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #108
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Since we're on the subject ... albeit a little off topic ... but this isn't that serious of a thread IMHO ... there is nothing worse than the f-wit that uses every last inch of a closing lane (i.e. construction, lane closed ahead) just to get 10 cars ahead, only to make everybody else stop and let them into traffic. That is one situation where I refuse to budge. If there is adequate warning there is no reason you can't move over before the lane ends, not right in front of the bloody cones.

In other news - really pissed a d-bag in an Escelade off the other night. Guy was obviously in a hurry, and wanted around me and the other 100 cars in the next mile. Another moron in the left-lane was dragging, but I saw what was taking place and got into the middle lane. Car in front of me moves to the right lane and this guy in the caddy thinks he can swing around in front of me. I dropped the bimmer in 3rd and closed that gap before he could swing into it. Apparently he wanted to see the inside of my car so he turned his high beams on, honked, and road my bumper till he had a chance to pass. This time he goes over to the right lane, and gets blocked in.

Why can't the cops take these morons off the road? Oh, right, it's easier to use an arbitrary number to enforce "safety" because as long as you're under that number you're safe. :
Yeah, in the DC area that's like all everyone knows. Speed in the lane that ends in 1000 feet, and force merge after 989 feet. I don't let them in either

LOL at the Escalade. Lord knows how much gas he probably wasted to go NOWHERE. And its always funny when the angry SUV drivers throw on their high beams to peer inside/cause irritation. Too bad BMW tints side and rearview mirrors, should you have the option (as I do )

Yeah speed limits REALLY show authority, and we can see it all over this thread. Most people here have gotten to 120 and above, which is really more than triple, or double, the speed limit in most places. But I ain't complaining. My car's fast too

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #109
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

first ticket by highway patrol was 110
140 garden state going to atlantic city
147 at maryland turnpike
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #110
airshane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, in the DC area that's like all everyone knows. Speed in the lane that ends in 1000 feet, and force merge after 989 feet. I don't let them in either

LOL at the Escalade. Lord knows how much gas he probably wasted to go NOWHERE. And its always funny when the angry SUV drivers throw on their high beams to peer inside/cause irritation. Too bad BMW tints side and rearview mirrors, should you have the option (as I do )

Yeah speed limits REALLY show authority, and we can see it all over this thread. Most people here have gotten to 120 and above, which is really more than triple, or double, the speed limit in most places. But I ain't complaining. My car's fast too
The sunshade in the back of my car is used more at night for blocking the lights of idiot SUV drivers than during the day. Just push that button and you have an instant light reduction.
Appreciate 0