E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It's inevitable. E92 Coupe vs. New Infiniti G Coupe

02-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #111
hen
Private
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Long thread. Don't know if THIS VIDEO has already been posted.

that video should make future m3 owners tremble
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #112
laztigger
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

few things to remember about the new coupe concept infinti g35

1) natually aspirated. so any modifications to the engine will most likely have to come in the form of a supercharger (although i'm sure someone will find a way to shove a turbo manifold in there).

2) greater performance boost to piggyback ECU a turbo-aspirated engine than a naturally aspirated engine.

3) the electronic camera side view mirrors are not making it into the production vehicle model. they will be standard mirrors.

however,

the new infiniti is slated to have the viscious limited slip that the current infiniti coupes have. i have not heard any word that the coupe will be AWD from it's current RWD platform.

all in all, a good looking car, with a bolder, more aggresive stance. but for a late 20er, working in the financial districts in metropolitan cities? probably would take the prestige of the BMW over the infiniti, which has yet to define itself as a premium luxury car like BMW and Mercedes
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #113
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Long thread. Don't know if THIS VIDEO has already been posted.
Hey, a preview of how you'll see the rice boys driving it.

Was behind a G35 tonight with wheel and appeared slightly lowered. The pussy was braking on the freeway from 59 to 288. I about shit my pants, since I would have taken the turn faster then him in a Tahoe. But he lit up his brake lights, so I had to slow down. And I wasn't even going that fast.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #114
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

calm down people, calm down.

looks aren't all that matters.

well, to some people it is, but they're ricers anyway.

-BMW can easily pull a Shiv on the 335i and up the hp to 400 stock.. not that they would ever do that, because there is no reason to. they don't need to be faster or more radically styled to be above the competition. haven't we learned that from the 330i vs. IS350 and G35? let alone the 335i.

-lets not forget about the new M3 which isn't as radically styled, but will put the new G35 coupe (any Infiniti for that matter)to shame EASILY. can we say RiCe?

-BMW is still > Infiniti > Lexus, until Infiniti and Lexus start offering something besides V6's and V8's (BMW offers V10's and a V12 in addition to V8's and twin turbocharged silky-smooth oh so good inline 6's) completely redesign their suspensions, fix the numb steering, make it have 300lb/ft of torque available at 1500 rpm so you don't even have to downshift unless you're all out racing..

-oh yeah don't forget a 335i with $4000 of mods will beat the new IS-F, let alone the other 2 shripms. . the 335i is already capable of being at 400bhp with tune and exhaust (i believe the highest one i've seen was 357whp), imagine what stage 2+ will do.

-Let's not get into what a 3100lb 135i with a few grand (okay, maybe like $7k) in mods will do to those cars. screw lexus, i'm thinking Z06.
Appreciate 0