E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I've been flagged and denied - almost solved.

05-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #111
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Bro, what does an oil change have to do with mods and warranty? And what does a recalled/defective part have to with modifications either? I didnt go into my dealer complaining about a wastegate, a turbo, or anything. Hell, I didnt even say shit about my fuel pump, it was THEM who said "theres a recall on your fuel pump, by the way, so we need to change that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCbmw22 View Post
Ok, I will be that guy

It was your fault for modding your car.

How could you expect them to warranty something with more boost and strain on the fuel pump?

the whole management of your engine has been altered so every component that is run or related to it is cause for a voided warranty.

It gets me upset when someone gets all hell bent on the "evil company" when they void their warranty for doing EXACTLY what the warranty says not to do. aka MORE BOOST!

So in the end blame yourself for you actions......

I know the responsibilities my modded 335i has and there for I have my 335i as my toy car with a whole n54 crate engine in my garage for back up.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #112
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

be back later. . . .

this has been a terrible week. First the ticket, and now this.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #113
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I'm really sorry to hear about this man.
I just saw this post right now and I have a couple questions.

What mods did you have on the car when you brought it in?
What did you say that you had on your car?

I'm curious because this seems so harsh.
I understand that BMW is cracking down, but for a fule pump issue, this sounds very harsh.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #114
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

um...relax
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #115
Valentine
OK with taking handouts
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCbmw22 View Post
I know the responsibilities my modded 335i has and there for I have my 335i as my toy car with a whole n54 crate engine in my garage for back up.
I bought a BMW not an old Civic.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #116
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about this man.
I just saw this post right now and I have a couple questions.

What mods did you have on the car when you brought it in?
What did you say that you had on your car?

I'm curious because this seems so harsh.
I understand that BMW is cracking down, but for a fule pump issue, this sounds very harsh.
He had the Procede and BMS filter installed when he went to the dealer. Obviously the Procede is what got him into trouble, and I agree, especially for a fuel pump issue this is extremely harsh
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #117
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Just wanted to say im sorry about them "black-listing" you that does suck... but a word of caution with audi...becareful people say alot of things to get you to buy a car..unfortunately modding will result in the termination of your warranty whoever the car company is..some people may get away but alot don't..sorry I hope this all works out for you, and don't give up that is B.S. about them not replacing a fuel pump, its a recall!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #118
turibird
Private
Rep

i was gona get a jb2 untill the dinan makes a tune for the post march production cars but after this hells no im scared shitless. oh n good luk on all of this. must suk
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #119
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1z View Post
He had the Procede and BMS filter installed when he went to the dealer. Obviously the Procede is what got him into trouble, and I agree, especially for a fuel pump issue this is extremely harsh
The reason why I ask is because I brought in my car one time and I had the DPs on and IC and they were giving me grief.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #120
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Just wanted to say im sorry about them "black-listing" you that does suck... but a word of caution with audi...becareful people say alot of things to get you to buy a car..unfortunately modding will result in the termination of your warranty whoever the car company is..some people may get away but alot don't..sorry I hope this all works out for you, and don't give up that is B.S. about them not replacing a fuel pump, its a recall!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya I would def. go on some audi forums to get a feel for how Audi deals with mods rather than take the salesman's word in it...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #121
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
Unfortunately disconnecting the battery puts the ECU to sleep, but does not clear the DME data logging, and AFAIK no one knows exactly how far back the DME logs unusual maps, boost targets not reached, or too much fuel being used.
Is that data stored on-board or on the key Fob?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #122
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Hasn't been ur week huh dude? first the tickets and now this bullshit...

hang in there, things will get better....

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #123
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
The reason why I ask is because I brought in my car one time and I had the DPs on and IC and they were giving me grief.
The dp's got me red-flagged. Feel lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Is that data stored on-board or on the key Fob?
Both
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #124
turibird
Private
Rep

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...nty_info.shtml

maybe this can help?? a little?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #125
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6AT

One way you could make BMW look at this, is pretend that you are over 50K miles. Now your vehicle warranty may be up but a recall is a recall therefore they still need to replace your fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #126
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Bro, what does an oil change have to do with mods and warranty? And what does a recalled/defective part have to with modifications either? I didnt go into my dealer complaining about a wastegate, a turbo, or anything. Hell, I didnt even say shit about my fuel pump, it was THEM who said "theres a recall on your fuel pump, by the way, so we need to change that."
when was your car production?

I hope mine didn't get any recall or anything like that.. I become more anxious now..
      05-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #127
drphil71
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I would go back and just see what you can work out. They might have been real tough on you because you are young, and they figured it would be an easy way to deny coverage, as it looks like this is what your dealer strives to do.
      05-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #128
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post

Both
You sure about that? That seems awfully redundantly redundant to me. What would happen (and this is purely hypothetical) if I had a tune; I used one fob as my daily and when it came time to go in for service I took the mod off, then used the different fob?

There can't be that much storage on board for all that data that gets logged. BMW being the cheapass company they are are not going to put gigs of eeprom on every car they manufacture. I can imagine there is enough for about 1 week of logging on-board and possibly 1-2 weeks on the fob. The question then is which data goes where? I remember the CA telling me that my fob could be inserted into the diagnostic machines and they could tell me all sorts of "things" about what the car was doing.

And how does all that logging happen if I never put my fob in (ie: CA) ?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #129
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
You sure about that? That seems awfully redundantly redundant to me. What would happen (and this is purely hypothetical) if I had a tune; I used one fob as my daily and when it came time to go in for service I took the mod off, then used the different fob?

There can't be that much storage on board for all that data that gets logged. BMW being the cheapass company they are are not going to put gigs of eeprom on every car they manufacture. I can imagine there is enough for about 1 week of logging on-board and possibly 1-2 weeks on the fob. The question then is which data goes where? I remember the CA telling me that my fob could be inserted into the diagnostic machines and they could tell me all sorts of "things" about what the car was doing.

And how does all that logging happen if I never put my fob in (ie: CA) ?
Honostly, all I know is the little that I have been told by my SA and read on the forum, I really am no expert.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #130
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Man this sucks.. cheer up man, it will all come to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So heres the deal. . . .my last ditch effort/plans.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them to drop whatever they're doing on my car and that I want out of there immediately. I'll try and talk to them, and the GM one more time, I'll play nice and play it cool one last time. But if they start BS'ing me again, then I'll say. . ..

Listen, an oil change is a damn oil change. At a given mileage point, the oil needs to be changed, regardless of WTF's been done to the car. It doesnt matter if I put jet engines in my 335. . . because at a certain point in time, the oil will need to be changed as is required by BMW. So this isnt even a problem or claim, it's just regular service that has jack shit to do with ANY modification, period.

Second, THIS IS A RECALL ON A DEFECTIVE PART THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY BMW TO THE CONSUMER. It's not even a warranty claimed part, its a damn RECALL, as in it's a DEFECTIVE part. I will drop some Magnuson Act chit chat with them as well. I've bought 3 cars from them, kissed my SA's ass with pricey gifts and awesome referrals. . . .and if the best they can do is. . . "yea. . . they're flagging your car and wont touch anything on it," then. . . sorry, but f**k BMW for taking things to the DISGUSTING extremes.

I'll tell them that warranties cannot just be "voided" without some proof as to what actually caused the problem. If this is not the case and they really can just tell me to f**k off because my warranty is simply "voided," then I want nothing to do with a company that would sink so low like that.
You know what? Some dealers just don't care once you buy a car. I bought 3 BMWs from the same dealer (CA), but once my CA left, I went back there and they had the nerve to jack me around. I called the manager and mentioned he should check his records, I am a repeat customer and this was no way to treat me. He apologized and sweetened the deal, but I still canceled it and wrote the GM a letter telling him they just lost a guaranteed sale and my business wont be coming back there, and I would make sure none of my friends ever bought shit from them either. The CA who jacked me wrote me a nasty email saying I got him in trouble with his superiors and I should have been more considerate etc... Screw him he should have known better than pull shit on a repeat customer. I wasn't even trying to get a killer deal, but thats a lesson. Only the CA really cares because its his commission. The other people see you as a number not some valued customer. Don't buy them expensive gifts!! Whats wrong with you? They are not doing you a favor, you paid for it and its their job. Screw that!
      05-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #131
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

When I brought up these scary issues weeks ago, everyone thought it was unfounded over reaction to these "doom and gloom" threads. Techs will do anything to turn a worthless warranty job into a customer pay job. They can get paid at least 50% more labor for replacing your turbos on your dime than on a warranty job. So you need to think twice about leaving ANYTHING that will raise suspicion with an experienced technician.

As far a using CA exclusively, when you go in for service, the keyreader will tell the advisor that they key does not have current data, and to update it in the car.
2008 Monaco Blue JB3 2.0 335i Coupe. 11.33 @ 132.77 mph, 60-130mph: 6.95 seconds
2023 i4 M50 11.48 @ 121.56mph, 3.43 0-60 (dragy)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #132
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

BN: you're going to have the same issue when you buy an Audi. Keep the 335i stock and buy another car to mod.
Appreciate 0