E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Nissan GT-R uncovered. We need Procede v3 now!!

10-24-2007, 03:23 AM   #111
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
no.. it won't... that's the entire point. is that it does not appeal to that demographic... you can talk about mights and maybes all day long but they aren't necessarily realistic. i "might" wake up with a vagina in the morning... but i won't.
damn man... i dont know whats up your ass
if you wanna argue about every little thing thats fine with me, and also pretty immature but whatever. you must be related to miss cleo or something since you know oh so much about the future.

like sedan clan said, we just gotta wait and see...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:27 AM   #112
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
damn man... i dont know whats up your ass
if you wanna argue about every little thing thats fine with me, and also pretty immature but whatever. you must be related to miss cleo or something since you know oh so much about the future.
hahaha. no no no man. i didn't mean to come off like that. but really... i just do not see it becoming a very successful car here. it will be a novelty for awhile but i think that it will climax very fast and crash even faster. i can agree to disagree but i'd be willing to wager quite a bit on my prediction.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #113
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I truly can't wait for the hype to come and go. Whenever a hot model comes out from any manufacturer, the intensity of internet forums increase exponentially. Just give me my ///M3 damn it........so that a GT-R can fly by me at break-neck speed, and I will smile, and continue on my merry way without ever experiencing any buyer's remorse.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #114
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
well the car was on market for $150,000 excl. import fees and taxes. because of his position, he paid $70k for the car the way it currently sits (900hp), and given his company, he was able to avoid a lot of the taxes and fees. i think all said and done it was about $90 grand.
Lucky son of a b*tch. You ever get to drive it?

Wish I could be like Paul Walker and find one being sold by mexicans for $5000
      10-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #115
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
hahaha. no no no man. i didn't mean to come off like that. but really... i just do not see it becoming a very successful car here. it will be a novelty for awhile but i think that it will climax very fast and crash even faster. i can agree to disagree but i'd be willing to wager quite a bit on my prediction.
oh ok cool cuz i was like damn man whys this guy so harsh and negative towards everything? but yeah i do understand what you mean about no one wanting to be an $80k nissan. but you gotta realize that there ARE some crazy rich people out there who would buy this thing just to see how it is and probably just end up selling it
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #116
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post

Hahha. Paul actually has one. He has owned it since the first movie.

There is a dude in my city w/ an R33 in his backyard. He's scared to drive it because he can't get it registered. On the flip side, there is a guy in Upland, CA with a white R34, and he drives that shit all the time. He got it registered too!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:32 AM   #117
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Just give me my ///M3 damn it.........
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:35 AM   #118
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Hahha. Paul actually has one. He has owned it since the first movie.

There is a dude in my city w/ an R33 in his backyard. He's scared to drive it because he can't get it registered. On the flip side, there is a guy in Upland, CA with a white R34, and he drives that shit all the time. He got it registered too!
They have plenty of R32's and R33's here. Euro spec, so I never gave it another look. Maybe I should have. One soldier in europe spent all of his Iraq money and got himself a R34. Really sweet although his was this ugly yellow. People in california see all the cool shit!
      10-24-2007, 03:48 AM   #119
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

yeah paul used to live two streets over from me, his is whack kind of and he takes it to the same car audio place i take my cars. and no. i never got to drive the r34... i've seen it and heard it and that was pretty much enough for me... supposedly it's been topped out at just under 220mph.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:55 AM   #120
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
no it won't. i was speaking with a very good friend of mine who's very well known in the JDM community and owns basically the largest JDM part distribution company in the US, he is also a contributing columnist for a few different tuning magazines, his comment was "it's a phenomenal car, (he's already driven it), however, the problem therein lies in the fact that they made an $80,000 car that primarily appeals to people who can afford $20,000 cars."
everybody is always attracted to cars more expensive than the cars they could afford.

remember, GT-R were never meant to be cheap in price. Go look up a magazine, the primary age group that owns GT-Rs in Japan is middle age man, people who have money, not teenagers waiting their parents to buy them a car. If you r marketing-wise comparing GT-R to 350Z (evos, sti etc.), you r wrong bro. It's not targeting teen age ricers.

You shouldnt be surprise when Toyoya or Honda announce prices for the new Supra and NSX. They will all fall in the same price range.

again, their predecessors werent cheap, dont expect the new ones to be cheap either. and there will be people with fat wallet to buy these cars.
________
Honda CR480
________
RE5
________
iphone games
________
Easy Vape Vaporizer
________
ECIGARETTE FORUM
________
SugarLips69
________
Marijuana Card
________
Park Royal 2 Condo Pattaya

Last edited by Bluesummer; 09-07-2011 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #121
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:

+1
________
RC165
________
RC170
________
buy easy vape
________
Public auto insurance advice
________
Hot Box Vape
________
BigTITSall4U cam
________
Hyde Park Residence 2 Prathumnak
________
Child avandia

Last edited by Bluesummer; 09-07-2011 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #122
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
They have plenty of R32's and R33's here. Euro spec, so I never gave it another look. Maybe I should have. One soldier in europe spent all of his Iraq money and got himself a R34. Really sweet although his was this ugly yellow. People in california see all the cool shit!
How much did he pay for his?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
everybody is always attracted to cars more expensive than the cars they could afford.

remember, GT-R were never meant to be cheap in price. Go look up a magazine, the primary age group that owns GT-Rs in Japan is middle age man, people who have money, not teenagers waiting their parents to buy them a car. If you r marketing-wise comparing GT-R to 350Z (evos, sti etc.), you r wrong bro. It's not targeting teen age ricers.

You shouldnt be surprise when Toyoya or Honda announce prices for the new Supra and NSX. They will all fall in the same price range.

again, their predecessors werent cheap, dont expect the new ones to be cheap either. and there will be people with fat wallet to buy these cars.

GT-R's aren't that expensive in Japan when compared to the prices that people were asking in North America. Furthermore, here in the U.S., most people were unaware of the Skyline until GT debuted. The GT demographic is probably now mid/late 20's, and those are the people who are feeding on the hype. Sure, there are obviously people who followed the Skyline prior to GT, but I'm sure that you understand my implication.

P.S. The NSX has always been expensive given it's engineering and semi-exotic look. That's what made that car special.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #123
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
boo to nissan.
      10-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #124
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I'm curious as to how well it will sell, as well. I was talking to some guys about it this morning and we discussed how unspectacular Z06 sales have been despits how good the car is. The problem is that America is a seriously brand-obsessed country. While those of us who know what the significance of a GTR or a Z06 or a Boxster means, we're in an extremely small minority. In the other GTR thread I stated that as it stands, I'd rather buy a GTR, as i'd like for my first "real" car to be something i've always loved and something that always made me tingle when I sat in it. You grow up wanting one and if you can get it and still want it.. you buy it.

So the question becomes, are there enough people in this country that would spend 80k on a car SOLELY because it is the best performance car for the money? I don't think so. The cars that have been successful all have huge fanbases. And when I say fanbase, I mean people who are born and raised as lovers of a particular car. The 911 needs no description, it's generally every german car fans ideal car. You have your Z06 which is for your domestic fans and hot rodders. You have your Ferraris (my longtime favorite). Ferrari might be the most hardcore of them all with the exception of porsche. The people who love them are ridiculously passionate about them. The M3 is kind of the same, except on a lower scale. I think for many, even those who would never admit it, the M3 is kind of the car you get before you get a 911 C2S. But we wont get into that argument.

The point i'm trying to make is that in THIS country, the GTR has no real fanbase. We, the non-brand-biased car fanatics on e90post rant and rave about it in multiple threads on car talk, but who else even cares that its coming. Sure, the boy racers all know what it is and would kill for one (I am actually a fan of the people on your pocket rocket forums. They really do have a lot of love for all cars in general and often know their stuff). But they're not the ones who can afford to buy them.

So the majority of those that know what they are can't afford them. The majority of Americans that can afford them won't buy them because there's no prestige in it (the Evo version costs as much as an R8 and a 911? The 911 is THE porsche and the R8 is stunning. Which one do you think they'll pick). Thus, while the skyline won't be a sales FLOP by any means, it won't be the uber success its often portrayed to be.

It's a shame too. Fantastic car, and two thumbs up to nissan.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #125
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
The point i'm trying to make is that in THIS country, the GTR has no real fanbase. We, the non-brand-biased car fanatics on e90post rant and rave about it in multiple threads on car talk, but who else even cares that its coming. Sure, the boy racers all know what it is and would kill for one (I am actually a fan of the people on your pocket rocket forums. They really do have a lot of love for all cars in general and often know their stuff). But they're not the ones who can afford to buy them.

So the majority of those that know what they are can't afford them. The majority of Americans that can afford them won't buy them because there's no prestige in it (the Evo version costs as much as an R8 and a 911? The 911 is THE porsche and the R8 is stunning. Which one do you think they'll pick). Thus, while the skyline won't be a sales FLOP by any means, it won't be the uber success its often portrayed to be.

I disagree 100% ...

The GTR is an Icon for any track junky or anyone that grew up playing the 4 versions of GT.

I my self have followed the GTR since the R32 and have even wanted a 72 Skyline 2000 GTR. The car has heritage and even thou its been mostly in Japan enthusiasts like my self have been waiting for the day it gets brought to the states. Look at the Audi S4 and RS4 for example .... it wasn't until recent years that the car got brought over to the US. Prior to that the car was looked at just like he GTR. Once it was brought over people jumped all over it. Another thing to note is the GTR is hand built ... Nissan only expects sales to be at 200 units per month ... that is really nothing and bet $ demand will easily out weigh supply.
________
Vermont marijuana dispensaries
________
Free Wordpress Themes
________
Ativan Rehab Forum
________
Washington marijuana dispensaries
________
SexKitten

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #126
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
I'm curious as to how well it will sell, as well.

Thus, while the skyline won't be a sales FLOP by any means, it won't be the uber success its often portrayed to be.

First of all (not directed at you per se), I think the price will be just under $70K not $80K, and still hold out hope for even lower given the yen-dollar exchange rate and competition. For instance, doing a straight yen-dollar conversion on the Japan market GT-R's already available for order gives a US price of $68K and change.

The rest above I agree with. In fact, I HOPE demand is not so great as to drive up prices. I will not pay over MSRP for sure, which means I may have to wait a few months even up to a year, but that's OK gives them time to work out 1st year production bugs and me a chance to enjoy my 335i for another 6 months to a year.

FWIW, I've read anything from 1000 to 3000 produced per month worldwide. If the US price comes out at $56K as some of the rumors would have you believe, I think they easily sell out...it's at $70K that I see demand about equal to supply. A I do see many parallels to the NSX, which sold well at first.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #127
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I disagree 100% ...

The GTR is an Icon for any track junky or anyone that grew up playing the 4 versions of GT.

I my self have followed the GTR since the R32 and have even wanted a 72 Skyline 2000 GTR. The car has heritage and even thou its been mostly in Japan enthusiasts like my self have been waiting for the day it gets brought to the states. Look at the Audi S4 and RS4 for example .... it wasn't until recent years that the car got brought over to the US. Prior to that the car was looked at just like he GTR. Once it was brought over people jumped all over it. Another thing to note is the GTR is hand built ... Nissan only expects sales to be at 200 units per month ... that is really nothing and bet $ demand will easily out weigh supply.
Oh yes, I agree with you. GT-R for JDM enthusiasts means the same as the M does for German car lovers. What he's saying is that realistically how many people are JDM fans. Then from that total, who can actually afford to get the car? People have been waiting decades to get a Skyline(Yes I know its not labeled a skyline). If what you say is true about how they're building it, then there arent going to be any issues. People are going to want this car. For more than the numbers. Because of its cult status. Its the king. A porky one, but yeah.
      10-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #128
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
First of all (not directed at you per se), I think the price will be just under $70K not $80K, and still hold out hope for even lower given the yen-dollar exchange rate and competition. For instance, doing a straight yen-dollar conversion on the Japan market GT-R's already available for order gives a US price of $68K and change.

The rest above I agree with. In fact, I HOPE demand is not so great as to drive up prices. I will not pay over MSRP for sure, which means I may have to wait a few months even up to a year, but that's OK gives them time to work out 1st year production bugs and me a chance to enjoy my 335i for another 6 months to a year.

FWIW, I've read anything from 1000 to 3000 produced per month worldwide. If the US price comes out at $56K as some of the rumors would have you believe, I think they easily sell out...it's at $70K that I see demand about equal to supply. A I do see many parallels to the NSX, which sold well at first.
Right on bro. Thats the reason I kept all the stock pieces to my car. Enjoy the 335 for another year or so while they work everything out and see what the price will be, and then go for it. Dont care how long it takes. The car looks so evil, I love it.
      10-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #129
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Fugly ass car. Sad, because I really like the G35 coupe.
      10-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #130
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I disagree 100% ...

And S4's and RS4's are sales successes? Not even close. The RS4 is an achievement because it was the first time we'd seen people paying such a premium for an Audi. Even A8 sales are weak compared to the other big 3 even though most regard them as the best of the breed. Audi is an established upper echelon brand as far as selling $50k plus cars is concerned, and for them to struggle selling cars at that price in this country really makes you wonder how hard it will be for nissan to sell cars at that price in this country. Look at the NSX, granted it was underpowered, but it was an excellent drivers car. Look at the Phaeton. You can even say the current gen Acura RL. The average well off american consumer isn't going to pay a premium price for something that isn't a premium label. I've seen your posts, M3This and you're a really anti-badge whore guy. And I appreciate that on this forum because i'm the same way and its good to see more of us in the bmw community. However, I'm not going to be unrealistic enough to think that this car will be the success in THIS country that it will be everywhere else. Yes, I completely said what you said that the GTR is an icon for "any track junky or anyone that grew up playing the 4 versions of GT." My entire point was that track junkies make up such an insignificant portion of car buyers. If Nissan is hoping that the GTR will be successful based off track junkies and people who played gran turismo, we have a problem. If Nissan claims to be aiming to sell 200 a month, I seriously hope they're lowballing this number. Compared to Honda and Toyota, Nissan isn't exactly on fire right now. Wasn't it just april that they were in the news for their profit going down for the first time in 7 years? The Skyline GTR could have really been used to strengthen the brand. 200 per month is exotic territory. I'll believe you, as I haven't looked for myself, but handmade? That was generally reserved for Z-Tune R34s wasn't it? I just dont see the financial gains for nissan to handbuild 200 GTRs per month for this country. It's so... unjapanese.

ArmyBimmerDude summarized my point dead on. If the Z06 is any indicator of how an amazing performance car far more capable than its overpriced competition can play second, third, and fourth fiddle to everything from m3s to 911s in its home country, it makes me very skeptical of how well the skyline will do in a country that generally never put performance first and picks by brand prestige. If they're really just trying to sell 200 a month, it won't be a problem, at all. But if they're seriously trying to COMPETE with the 911 and the Z06 and the M3 and the others in that category, 200 cars a month. Weren't 911 North American sales last year around 12000 or so?

Sales figures aside, I think my entire point is that as a car, it's a huge success. Yes, they will have no problem selling 200 a month. But as far as making a big impact on the sports car world in this country, it's not going to happen.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #131
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
And S4's and RS4's are sales successes? Not even close. The RS4 is an achievement because it was the first time we'd seen people paying such a premium for an Audi. Even A8 sales are weak compared to the other big 3 even though most regard them as the best of the breed. Audi is an established upper echelon brand as far as selling $50k plus cars is concerned, and for them to struggle selling cars at that price in this country really makes you wonder how hard it will be for nissan to sell cars at that price in this country. Look at the NSX, granted it was underpowered, but it was an excellent drivers car. Look at the Phaeton. You can even say the current gen Acura RL. The average well off american consumer isn't going to pay a premium price for something that isn't a premium label. I've seen your posts, M3This and you're a really anti-badge whore guy. And I appreciate that on this forum because i'm the same way and its good to see more of us in the bmw community. However, I'm not going to be unrealistic enough to think that this car will be the success in THIS country that it will be everywhere else. Yes, I completely said what you said that the GTR is an icon for "any track junky or anyone that grew up playing the 4 versions of GT." My entire point was that track junkies make up such an insignificant portion of car buyers. If Nissan is hoping that the GTR will be successful based off track junkies and people who played gran turismo, we have a problem. If Nissan claims to be aiming to sell 200 a month, I seriously hope they're lowballing this number. Compared to Honda and Toyota, Nissan isn't exactly on fire right now. Wasn't it just april that they were in the news for their profit going down for the first time in 7 years? The Skyline GTR could have really been used to strengthen the brand. 200 per month is exotic territory. I'll believe you, as I haven't looked for myself, but handmade? That was generally reserved for Z-Tune R34s wasn't it? I just dont see the financial gains for nissan to handbuild 200 GTRs per month for this country. It's so... unjapanese.

ArmyBimmerDude summarized my point dead on. If the Z06 is any indicator of how an amazing performance car far more capable than its overpriced competition can play second, third, and fourth fiddle to everything from m3s to 911s in its home country, it makes me very skeptical of how well the skyline will do in a country that generally never put performance first and picks by brand prestige. If they're really just trying to sell 200 a month, it won't be a problem, at all. But if they're seriously trying to COMPETE with the 911 and the Z06 and the M3 and the others in that category, 200 cars a month. Weren't 911 North American sales last year around 12000 or so?

Sales figures aside, I think my entire point is that as a car, it's a huge success. Yes, they will have no problem selling 200 a month. But as far as making a big impact on the sports car world in this country, it's not going to happen.
No i see what you mean ... but at 200 cars a month I dont see Nissan having a problem selling 2,400 cars a year here in the states. I understand your point about the NSX but the GTR is such a different car then that of the NSX ... NSX looks great and drives nice but is slow. If you going to spend that kind of money dont you want something that compete? The GTR is that car. GTR is legendary. I my self am 28 and have grown up playing GT on playstaion. I am at a point in my life where I can just about afford the GTR and am young enough to have the disposable income. I think guys like me are a great target market for the car. I do feel Nissan shot them self in the foot by not selling the car under the Infiniti brand, as like you said people want status when they are shelling out that kind of money. (also who wants to deal with shitty Nissan service with no loaner cars? not me). I also think the other market will be people like the guys on 6speedonline. These guys are so wealthy that 70K isnt shit. Most of them have several high end cars costing over 100K each. I can see the same guys that buy lotus Exiges and Areil Atoms buying a GTR as a track toy.

As for the hand made part I need to revise that statement ... all the Engines are handmade not sure about the rest of the car.
________
Mercedes-Benz C216 History
________
Spank
________
Maryjane
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES IN INLAND EMPRE
________
Dabuddha

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #132
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

check it out folks, don't know if this is a repost and didn't want to make a new thread since theres so many GTR threads out there lol. Real in car footage of the GTR taking on the Ring.

Appreciate 0