E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My Warranty VOIDED. Now What.

03-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #155
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
In reality ............ and NO, I'm not going to reread all of the BS being slung throughout this thread ............ the dealer wasn't given much choice here.

The fact that Thorshammer admitted the 02 sim being absent is probably the biggest red flag regarding the codes being thrown both before and after having been cleared. That in itself would be considered a direct connection in the dealer's/BMWNA eyes in causing the issues at hand.

It would take nothing for the dealer/BMWNA to drop the hammer (sorry Thor) on voiding the warranty just with the DP's being in place on the car.

I would be willing to bet that if the OP is given the opportunity to remove the modifications currently in place AND the dealer is able to run diagnostics on the car as OEM spec'd to properly determine the cause(s) of the HPFP failure ........... then MAYBE there would be a chance of the warranty being reinstated with limitations set in place by BMWNA.

The OP has other underlying issues with this particular dealer/sales person that may lend some leverage in getting things properly sorted out.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #156
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Total Damage: $1053.

They came off the price by $500, most of it due to me being armed with knowledge of the real price points and the fact that the ASM told me to just bring it in.

I did finally discuss with the Sales Manager the situation with the Sales guy who wrecked my car. He said that Wayne (that's his name) had already told him and that we worked it out...so "what more is there to discuss."

Anyway, I'm totally done with that dealership. It is unfortunate they are the only ones in town, but I will forever drive the 65 miles to Austin and go there from now on. If it's major service I need, I'll remove all the mods, wipe the codes, and get it towed to Austin...I don't care how much it costs.

BMW San Antonio is a big fat joke, from the Sales team to the Service/Parts team. I realize where I was at fault in letting the guy drive my car...and I realize my fault for letting them work on my car with the tunes in, but you have to consider the circumstances and what I was told by a MANAGER.

It is what it is. I forgot to get the list of codes, but I'm going to go up there tomorrow (hopefully for the last time ever) and get it. I'll report back.

The good news is, she runs better than ever. At least that's something.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #157
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post

They came off the price by $500, most of it due to me being armed with knowledge of the real price points and the fact that the ASM told me to just bring it in.

I did finally discuss with the Sales Manager the situation with the Sales guy who wrecked my car. He said that Wayne (that's his name) had already told him and that we worked it out...so "what more is there to discuss."

Anyway, I'm totally done with that dealership. It is unfortunate they are the only ones in town, but I will forever drive the 65 miles to Austin and go there from now on. If it's major service I need, I'll remove all the mods, wipe the codes, and get it towed to Austin...I don't care how much it costs.

BMW San Antonio is a big fat joke, from the Sales team to the Service/Parts team. I realize where I was at fault in letting the guy drive my car...and I realize my fault for letting them work on my car with the tunes in, but you have to consider the circumstances and what I was told by a MANAGER.

It is what it is. I forgot to get the list of codes, but I'm going to go up there tomorrow (hopefully for the last time ever) and get it. I'll report back.

Glad to hear it man. As a future resident of your fine city ......... Austin is sounding better and better!!

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #158
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Congrats man! At least you got it back and your done with that dealer, you know what to do now.
      03-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #159
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
Glad to hear it man. As a future resident of your fine city ......... Austin is sounding better and better!!
It really is brilliant, i will look out for your car

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #160
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
+1, I visited Bee Cave about a year ago and loved it. I almost moved down there but decided not to at the last second.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #161
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
The hell you moving to San Antonio for? GO ROCKETS.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #162
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Sorry to hear the bad news. Call the idiot CA who wrecked your car. He should at least talk to the service department for you, AGAIN.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #163
jlwM3
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 335 Coupe, Dinan Stage3

makes me really appreciate the $$ I spent on Dinan Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #164
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post

Damn... horrible news, man... so in the end, did they void your engine warranty??

Yeah... I pretty much take my car to Austin for any/all of my BMW needs... once I even took it to the Houston dealership once when I had to get major repair done (wastegate ticking --> new turbo's)...

San Antonio dealership is horrible... I just let them do my maintenance and that's it...

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #165
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Damn... horrible news, man... so in the end, did they void your engine warranty??

Yeah... I pretty much take my car to Austin for any/all of my BMW needs... once I even took it to the Houston dealership once when I had to get major repair done (wastegate ticking --> new turbo's)...

San Antonio dealership is horrible... I just let them do my maintenance and that's it...
Yep, engine warranty voided in full, but I can return it to OEM specs, and bring it back in if something else goes wrong. They will "cross that bridge when they get there."

I took that to mean, "Please just shut up and go away."

So, lesson(s) learned.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #166
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Well if that's the case - no point in going to the dealership again. Order your parts via Tischer and take it to an independant shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #167
dukevi
BMW Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 2007 TiAg

hm... wow

Black/White Roundels, CF Interior trim, Blackline, Matte Black Grille, CF OEM Front Splitter, CF Mirror cover, M3 Spoiler, Alufelgen CSL Gunmetal, KW V1, 55% Tint all around
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257325
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 02:21 AM   #168
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

sucks what happened, sorry to hear that but at least you got it all fixed now....Did you put ur jb3 back on ? or it was never off?
i say, snap that thing on, leave it on map 6, run it as harddddddddddddd as you can for a month or two, in fact, you have a jb+, add that on AS WELL with the jb3 and run it even harder, get those turbos really tired, and then take it all off, clear all codes yourself, keep pushing her (STOCK) and then wait for some issue to arise, take it back to dealer and be like "listen bitches gimmie back my warranty, i told you this p.o.s. hpfp wasnt because of my mods".. = )

muahhaa...no actually dont do what i just said, it has too many risks of getting screwed... = )
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #169
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Long View Post
We all know you have proven yourself as a fanboy and have minimal technical knowledge. Thanks. Now please clean your mouth out with buckshot.
Still waiting for your reply?

Post like this is making this forum turn into a joke...All these new SCREEN names that are cropping out of the blue lately to log in just to prove a point or bash other long time members here is ridiculous....Jason the administrator needs to follow up on these fake accounts because most of them defend a certain tune....This is getting to be a real joke...I wrote in this thread and in no words bashed the JB3 tune but it seems as though this supposedly new member with 6 posts seems to know so much just like the SN Procede___JB3 guys, and other SN....Jason this is getting to be out of hand, and I hope u get to the bottom of this...This site is awesome, but with BS like this, its becoming a joke..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #170
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
are both of you small children done?

ANYWAYS. IF ITS ONE LESSON TO BE LEARNED, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT BUY A USED 335i.

lulz its caturday!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #171
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Still waiting for your reply?

Post like this is making this forum turn into a joke...All these new SCREEN names that are cropping out of the blue lately to log in just to prove a point or bash other long time members here is ridiculous....Jason the administrator needs to follow up on these fake accounts because most of them defend a certain tune....This is getting to be a real joke...I wrote in this thread and in no words bashed the JB3 tune but it seems as though this supposedly new member with 6 posts seems to know so much just like the SN Procede___JB3 guys, and other SN....Jason this is getting to be out of hand, and I hope u get to the bottom of this...This site is awesome, but with BS like this, its becoming a joke..
I don't get involved in these disputes normally. Even though you didn't specifically mention the name you did state that the tune caused the codes. What an irresponsible post. I have a tune and there are no codes at all. Hell I wish it would throw a code every now and then to justify the cost of my BT scanner, but it just doesn't. I'm sure the majority of tune owners know this to be true. It's very annoying to see irresponsible posters like you take little jabs every chance you get, trying to obscure the truth. That's why people make up accounts to blast you-and you have the nerve to cry foul!? Unreal!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #172
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Thors Hammer-I would return this albatross to stock and trade it in on something else. There's lots of deals to be had right now. If your heart is set on a 335, go get a new one with a warranty from Austin. Otherwise sell your mods here, cut you losses and punt. Maybe a new M3 from Austin would make you feel better?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #173
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Right on!

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #174
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #175
thisguyhere
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
Rockets vs San Antonio tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #176
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by preciseeye View Post
Rockets vs San Antonio tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!
They both suck, go mavs.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0