E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 07 E90 M bumper Dinan Stage 2/3

11-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

07 E90 M bumper Dinan Stage 2/3

Just picked up an 07 335xi E90(A008006) and looking at Dinan stage 2 or 3. I pulled the vin decode and I don't have the stock oil cooler. The previous owner swapped the front bumper to M sport. Will the dinan high capacity kit from 09(M sport compatible) work on my 07 or can I modify the 08 kit?

I'm looking to keep the car a daily driver for the winter and I'm only targeting 375-400hp. If you guys have different mod recommendations for the money let me know. I have a full shop and plenty of experience on Domestics and Imports first Bimmer though.

I appreciate any input thanks,

Greg
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Does the Dinan cooler replace the factory core? Or is it auxiliary to the existing cooler? Regardless, you’ll need a fair amount of mounting parts since your car did not come with the brackets, lines, routing etc for the stock cooler. You’ll also need a different oil filter housing plate to accommodate the oil cooler lines. But all in all, it’s absolutely doable.

In terms of tune, there is honestly so much to discuss. But I’d just say in short: do not waste your money on a Dinan tune out of warranty. Very modest bump in power and over-priced. Personally if I wanted to go tune only I’d just run a JB4 on Map 5 and leave it be. That’s a pretty idiot proof setup that will get you more power than anything Dinan offers.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Does the Dinan cooler replace the factory core? Or is it auxiliary to the existing cooler? Regardless, you’ll need a fair amount of mounting parts since your car did not come with the brackets, lines, routing etc for the stock cooler. You’ll also need a different oil filter housing plate to accommodate the oil cooler lines. But all in all, it’s absolutely doable.

In terms of tune, there is honestly so much to discuss. But I’d just say in short: do not waste your money on a Dinan tune out of warranty. Very modest bump in power and over-priced. Personally if I wanted to go tune only I’d just run a JB4 on Map 5 and leave it be. That’s a pretty idiot proof setup that will get you more power than anything Dinan offers.
Yeah Dinan has a kit for an ungodly amount to add all the gear for a cooler. The one for my model though says it will not work with a M sport bumper. I've had friends with 335's before and they all ran hot with tunes so I'm pretty sure I'll need one.

I'll look into the JB4 what kind of base mods will I need to support Map 5. I don't want to have a motor I need to baby. If I find a ricer at a light being a d**k I want to smoke him without worrying about the motor.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingeniator View Post
Yeah Dinan has a kit for an ungodly amount to add all the gear for a cooler. The one for my model though says it will not work with a M sport bumper. I've had friends with 335's before and they all ran hot with tunes so I'm pretty sure I'll need one.

I'll look into the JB4 what kind of base mods will I need to support Map 5. I don't want to have a motor I need to baby. If I find a ricer at a light being a d**k I want to smoke him without worrying about the motor.
Depends what the ricer has under the hood lol.

Map5 is just a particular map on JB4, you don’t “need” anything specific to run that. It’s a simple auto-tuning map that does a pretty good job adjusting to octane using fuel trims etc. I wouldn’t pay a penny for a Dinan tune, it simply doesn’t make sense. JB4 tune only you’ll still have a car that will walk away from 95% of what’s on the road.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep

135Pats,

Thanks for the help you have pointed me in the right direction. How does the ECM respond to Catless downpipes. Can you tune them out with a JB4 or do I need a Cobb/Alpina flash. Trying to decide on Mod progression now that I've been sent the right way.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
BoostAddict
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 335i

The Evolution racewerkes oil cooler kit looks like a good option for you since you don't don't have a factory oil cooler. It comes with mounting brackets, and has the option of a oem oil filter housing that can be used to mount an oil cooler. It's not listed on our site yet, but you can pm me for more info.

As far as tunes, the jb4 is a nice all inclusive tune and the cobb ap's are super easy to install. Both tune will be able to remove the CEL from DP's. We offer both so let me know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0