E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > E93 top leak, told touchless car wash is a NO NO

10-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #67
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
well if you get it back and it isn't fixed, lemon it.
Really a shame, this was my dream car, had already bought mods for it, had rims picked out, now looking at the car just sickens me

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
E93 cabins are NOT supposed to leak. Think about the rationale behind it - BMW performs specific and vigorous leak tests, finds that some of its cars leak, even within a certain threshold, and says "oh it's ok, people will think it's normal, deal with it, and no matter what we won't lose money over this. Pass." I really hope not. It just doesn't make sense that these cars are designed to pass inspection with leakage issues.

I'd try a different dealer as well. Some suck at sales, others suck at service. Seems like you're dealing with the latter right now.
I will never buy from a Rick Hendricks dealership again, the sales and management have treated me horribly, filing a complaint with BMW NA did not even matter.
The service department has been nothing but nice to me trying to fix the sales frack up, butt I am sure they are looking at the leak and going WTF.
This will probably be the last new BMW I will ever buy.
I will wait and really speak how I feel after this all plays out

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 10-21-2008 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: added video
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #68
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Subscribed only to hope that you are vindicated somehow
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #69
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

hope you get this fixed man saddens me to see this stuff happen
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 08:08 AM   #70
asifjahmed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

me too - i really hope you get some justice.

but no matter what - don't just give in to your frustration and give up. this does not fairly represent BMW and you know it. I feel your pain and feel REALLY bad for you and your situation, but for this to keep you from getting BMWs isn't necessarily rational IMHO.

However, I would quit giving business to that shady dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #71
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

No disrespect to the OP, but stop being a little bitch and tell them to fix ur shit right now. Fuck man I get so pissed when I read these threads because the dealers are fucking assholes that take advantage of nice people like this guy. NOOOOOOO it is not under any circumstances normal for your brand new 50k convertible to leak under rain water. Period, there are no its and bits about it. So go crAZY on them and demand that they fix it NOW.
      10-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #72
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

By the way i just saw your video and it is ridiculous. Send it to BMW NA right now and start a claim. They will take care of this for sure. Fuck dealing with the dealer. I had the same problem with one of my cars for 6 months and they couldnt fix it, called BMW Na and a week later had it taken care of.

TRY ANOTHER DEALER ALSO, i am so frustrated for you,!!! but dont lose your calm, it will eventually get fixed trust me.
      10-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #73
asifjahmed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
No disrespect to the OP, but stop being a little bitch and tell them to fix ur shit right now. Fuck man I get so pissed when I read these threads because the dealers are fucking assholes that take advantage of nice people like this guy. NOOOOOOO it is not under any circumstances normal for your brand new 50k convertible to leak under rain water. Period, there are no its and bits about it. So go crAZY on them and demand that they fix it NOW.
Good intent, lousy execution...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #74
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
By the way i just saw your video and it is ridiculous. Send it to BMW NA right now and start a claim. They will take care of this for sure. Fuck dealing with the dealer. I had the same problem with one of my cars for 6 months and they couldnt fix it, called BMW Na and a week later had it taken care of.

TRY ANOTHER DEALER ALSO, i am so frustrated for you,!!! but dont lose your calm, it will eventually get fixed trust me.
The service department has been nice to me, I am waiting on the call to pick the car up, I am guessing it will be ready in a few days.
The 09 528 is a very uncomfortable car
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #75
giddyup69
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335xi

i had the exact same leak as the op. water would piss in at the exact same point where the pillar met the roof on both the driver and passenger sides. dealer gave me the same run around regarding touch-less car washes. i actually started a thread regarding the issue when i first received my car last february:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114366

after complaining several times over the course of this year... they finally took another look at it and installed some sort of spacers to help tighten the seal at the front. now, instead of pissing into my car... it only drips a bit... which doesn't bother me as much. i'll scan the repair sheet and post it up for you when i get home. i feel your pain though... at least u're in the carolina's.. i had to endure that crap during the winter up here in toronto.

one thing i found though... the rear portion of the roof now rattles when i go over bumps. i've been meaning to report it and bring it in to see if anything can be done, but just haven't had the time to do so.
      10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #76
giddyup69
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335xi

i attached my work order. hopefully it will help u out.

cheers.
Attached Images

10-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #77
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

The first car I bought new (around 30 years ago) was a BMW 320i. It was the worst piece of crap I ever owned. I am convinced now that it was wrecked off the loading dock (or somewhere else) before I got it. Everything on it broke, and BMW did nothing to help me out. The fact your car had 2 bent rims does mean your car was damaged before you got it.

It took me up until 18 months ago to buy another (actually 2) BMW. In the time between I bought that 320i and then, I purchased all kinds of cars, and didn't consider BMW. I hope that BMW steps up on this, and that they really have improved since my 320i days.
A measure of a good company is in how they handle situations like this, not day to day routine.

In this economy, BMW should bend over backwards with customer service. Large ticket sales are getting harder to come by, and alienating customers with unresolved issues can cause all kinds of damage in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #78
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well I got my car back and had to go out of town and it rained one of the days :ugh:
Funny how when a constant drip drip drip changes to a drip...drip...drip you are actually somewhat happy.
So during the rain it has less of a leak.

Got home and opened the top, funny it looks like they added new rubber spacers to the front of the roof with the new seal

So I take the beast to the car wash and
It's still a waterfall

So they have had the car in the shop 30 total days and 3 times and I just made my first payment on it

Guess my next step is to send BMW NA the Lemon letter, who knows the address for this and who to list as the receiver ?

It has to have something to do with the 2 bent right rims and alignment that was way out of wack when I got the car.
So pissed off about the way I have been treated and the misrepresentation and Fraud that sales staff perpitrated on me.

My dream car that I can not drive in the rain or wash
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #79
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

that is ridiculous... especially on a BMW.
i've only ever owned convertibles... the only one that ever leaked was my 87 mustang. i hate these freaking folding hardtops!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #80
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

I am going to do one mod to the car tomorrow
Add my E90post sticker
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #81
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Called BMW NA, gave them my info, he looked me up and then the tone changed.
Explained I wanted to start the process for a LL arbitration and he told me to get a lawyer and that they can not help me, I swear he was going to hang up on me.
I asked for the customer relations address so I could mail off a letter to them and was asked why I wanted that info, told him it's not his concern.
He then told me I should take the car back to the dealer, I told them they have had it 3 times and it still leaks like crazy, he said take it to another dealer, told him I am not driving 3 hours.

Last edited by xtremecruiser; 11-13-2008 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: cause
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #82
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well BMW NA is reading the threads here.
A rep from BMW called me today about this thread and asked if they could look at the car and fix the leak. I asked why they have not called over my registered Lemon law letter I sent last week. They have not gotten it yet ( was delivered Monday ) was the reply.
Hum
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #83
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
Wow. judging from that video, it's not a little water.. it sounds like there is a open hole there where water can leak into the car.
It's not normal, have a friend with a 07 just like mine, not a drip, buddys 06 GT Mustang vert doesn't leak going through the same TCW

Well BMW NA has been busy.
On Friday they call my boss many times, he finally told them to stop calling him and gave them my work cell number, funny my personal cell never rang once, man he was pissed off since they kept calling after he told them to make a note not to ever call him again

So I talked to one of the higher up reps in the afternoon, they always call when I am in the middle of traffic, she asks for a copy of the lemon law letter I mailed and if I sent it registered. I get back to the office and email it to her.

A hour of so later she calls back, again while I am in traffic heading to a meeting saying she got the email but the letter never came and that they want to fix the car and need me to bring it in to them, I explain to her that the dealer has had it 3 times already and they have a letter asking for a Lemon Law arbitration hearing date.
So the attorney questions start up, I explain that I had a attorney draft the letter for me but I have not paid a retainer to a attorney yet.
I explain to her that I will have to call him and ask what he thinks and that I am late for a meeting and to please stop calling my boss before he gets even more pissed off and that I will call her back when I get the chance.
I am in a meeting and Friday is a busy day so I do not get to call her back, butt my phones are ringing off the hook, I check my voice mails and emails and....
BMW has scheduled a appointment for me to bing my car in next week to have the top repaired at the local dealer and that some other person from BMW will be there to help them fix the issue. BTW I get the return receipt from the registered Demand letter under the SC lemon law that they got mid week in the mail. I have voice mails from BMW NA and the local dealer telling me what day to bring the car in, well the local shop asked if a certain day was ok, They have been real nice to me.

OK, I have to kinda ask... Did I get blown off for my arbitration hearing request or what
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #84
am_ver
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Man, this sucks. The e93's are a disaster. My vert rattles so much. There is that click clik noise from the driver window, which has now started to appear on the passenger side as well. And then there is that loud CLANK metallic noise when you go over a bump. And the fluttering noise.

Ofcouse, the dealership cannot replicate any of these noises. To make matter worse, instead of fixing the issues, they put a big scratch on the car. BMW NA has been of no help either.
Attached Images

2008 e93 335i, 6sp MT, Montego Blue, Saddle, Burl, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC, V1+CD
2007 e92 335i coupe, 6sp MT, Montego, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006 e90 325i, ZPP, iDrive, Arctic, Xenon
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #85
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thats not a little scratch

fluttering noise I think will always be with the verts
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #86
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Spent a week dealing with a customer service rep from BMW NA about my leak issue.
Had to take 1/2 a day off work to meet with a BMW engineer on a specific day and time, only to be stood up by him without even a call or email from the rep I was working with.
During this time BMW NA received my letter requesting a Lemon Law arbitration hearing.
After sending it to the address BMW NA gave me and even emailing it to the rep I was dealing with ( she requested a copy to be emailed to her ), I was told today that they did not accept it as written notice because I sent it to "customer relations" ( as I was told to do so ) and said that they did not receive it ( even though I have a return receipt ) then I was told she would not help me anymore after and I needed to get a lawyer and that they will not offer me a Lemon Law arbitration hearing.
I know BMW NA is monitoring this thread, and I just want to say I do not appreciate the way I was treated and the games that went on this week by the customer relations department.
I am sorry but your suggestion of trading in my car that still has the same water leak issue at current market value on a new one and eating the loss in value to the same dealer that mis represented the car in the first place is no way to treat a life long BMW owner.
I will be resending the Lemon Law letter in the morning to the correct department at the same address and a possible call to the States Attorney Generals office.
Customer service at its best.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #87
bily
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G05, 22 G26

Garage List
2022 i4  [0.00]
2022 BMW X5  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428 Cabriolet  [0.00]
E88 does not leak

I have the 1 convertable and have been to auto and manual no touch washes with no leaks what so ever.

I would call the dealership and just ask them for a demo conv to drive until the situation is resolved. This way youre not puttting mileage on your car and they have full access to it to do whatever they want.

I've been through the Lemon Law process in NJ and lost on a 3000GT with clouded headlamps. It's a pain in the ass and you need to make sure your lawyer is a pro at this.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #88
am_ver
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Same thing with me - Mentioned that I am left with no option but seek legal help and the woman (Zoila) hung up on me saying that she couldn't help further in that case. Then I take the car to the dealer .. and he puts that HUGE ugly scratch. I mean they think they can do anything and not be held responsible... not even once did I hear an apology from them about the damage. Pretty ridiulous.

I was a little busy for the last few weeks, but BMW should be hearing from my attorney pretty soon. This is a complete joke from BMW's part.

2008 e93 335i, 6sp MT, Montego Blue, Saddle, Burl, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC, V1+CD
2007 e92 335i coupe, 6sp MT, Montego, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006 e90 325i, ZPP, iDrive, Arctic, Xenon
Appreciate 0