E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Will MHD flash the 335is back to stock?

04-22-2024, 03:17 PM   #1
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW!

Will MHD flash the 335is back to stock?

Im looking into picking up a 335is with the N54, I am not sure if it has a custom tune on it, dealer says its stock but just to be sure id like to flash it back to the stock tune as soon as I get it. Just have a couple questions regarding the technicality of it.

So first, as far as I understand MHD will source a stock tune directly from BMW based off my DME's ROM code? (KM0S vs IJE0S vs I80AS).

Can anyone confirm that;
1. The stock tune is sourced from BMW and is what BMW would flash on a 335is and NOT an OTS tune desinged to mimic stock boost tables and operation

2. That it removes all traces of MHD when I flash it back to stock

3. Is my understanding correct with how MHD gets the stock tune file for the vehicle? My fear is that MHD will flash a 335i stock tune when its supposed to be a 335is, or that its not a genuine BMW file and its an OTS tune desinged to mimic a BMW genuine tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 04:15 PM   #2
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer2 View Post
Im looking into picking up a 335is with the N54, I am not sure if it has a custom tune on it, dealer says its stock but just to be sure id like to flash it back to the stock tune as soon as I get it. Just have a couple questions regarding the technicality of it.

So first, as far as I understand MHD will source a stock tune directly from BMW based off my DME's ROM code? (KM0S vs IJE0S vs I80AS).

Can anyone confirm that;
1. The stock tune is sourced from BMW and is what BMW would flash on a 335is and NOT an OTS tune desinged to mimic stock boost tables and operation

2. That it removes all traces of MHD when I flash it back to stock

3. Is my understanding correct with how MHD gets the stock tune file for the vehicle? My fear is that MHD will flash a 335i stock tune when its supposed to be a 335is, or that its not a genuine BMW file and its an OTS tune desinged to mimic a BMW genuine tune.
1. Yes it flashes an 335is stock map suited to your car.
2. Indeed.
3. 335is is actually INA0S version. So it will not flash an IJE0S ordinary 335i rom. If you read codes with mhd it'll say INA0S.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2024, 06:29 PM   #3
Randomizer2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgAu View Post
1. Yes it flashes an 335is stock map suited to your car.
2. Indeed.
3. 335is is actually INA0S version. So it will not flash an IJE0S ordinary 335i rom. If you read codes with mhd it'll say INA0S.
Thank you this clears everything up… so even if I purchase the vehicle with a tune on it say stage 1 MHD ots, I can still flash the stock map even though there’s no backup of the original bmw stock flash?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 07:55 PM   #4
OMEGA412
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer2 View Post
Thank you this clears everything up… so even if I purchase the vehicle with a tune on it say stage 1 MHD ots, I can still flash the stock map even though there’s no backup of the original bmw stock flash?
Yes
Appreciate 1