E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Bimmerpost App 5.x WIP for Android



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #507
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
I'm in the notifications section, open the notification, and then press back button, it takes me straight to the news page. Shouldnt it take me to the notifications section main window?
Or if I press the notifications button, it should do the same (open main window of the section)
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #508
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
I'm in the notifications section, open the notification, and then press back button, it takes me straight to the news page. Shouldnt it take me to the notifications section main window?
Or if I press the notifications button, it should do the same (open main window of the section)
Is this for a notification that you clicked on from a push notification and opened the app that way, or were you already in the notification page and clicked to open a thread?
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 02:55 PM   #509
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Already in the page.
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 03:14 PM   #510
apptest droid
Registered
apptest droid's Avatar
United_States
375
Rep
0
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: BMW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Already in the page.
Are you pressing back button on the top left or the android system back button?
__________________
BMW is great
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 03:26 PM   #511
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Android button on the phone (Samsung, Android 11). It behaves the same when I open the thread directly from the notification.
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #512
MadBimmeRad
Colonel
MadBimmeRad's Avatar
Australia
3813
Rep
2,721
Posts

Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Android button on the phone (Samsung, Android 11). It behaves the same when I open the thread directly from the notification.
There's an arrow on top left hand side of the page to go back within the notifications. The Android back button on the bottom left hand side takes you back to, what I'd call, the root directory which is the news page
__________________
M2CS,
The second coming of ///M!
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-27-2022, 09:10 PM   #513
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Android button on the phone (Samsung, Android 11). It behaves the same when I open the thread directly from the notification.
Ok this was a great report. I believe Iíve fixed the issue and it revealed some larger issues we had with push notifications, which Iíve also fixed.

Tapping on push notifications when the app is closed should be much improved for taking you directly to the notification (for example opening a post or PM).

Iíve just released version 5.2.35 which contains the new fixes, let me know if its still not working for you
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 2
titomi879.50
      05-28-2022, 12:58 AM   #514
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
There's an arrow on top left hand side of the page to go back within the notifications. The Android back button on the bottom left hand side takes you back to, what I'd call, the root directory which is the news page
I know about that. But is that the desired behavior for the Android button ? Looks like developers agreed with me, that it's not.
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2022, 01:16 AM   #515
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Ok this was a great report. I believe Iíve fixed the issue and it revealed some larger issues we had with push notifications, which Iíve also fixed.

Tapping on push notifications when the app is closed should be much improved for taking you directly to the notification (for example opening a post or PM).

Iíve just released version 5.2.35 which contains the new fixes, let me know if its still not working for you
I believe it's fixed, at least for the part I reported (Android back button now takes you back to the notifications section)
Good job!
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-28-2022, 01:56 PM   #516
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
Looks like the performance went down with the latest updates. The app is slower, when I owned after some time. It takes longer to load forums list, forum threads, news, etc. I'm on the latest version and wifi connection, using Samsung device with Anddiid 11.
Hi, I just released version 5.2.36 which tries to clear memory a lot faster then before. Maybe this has to do with what you mentioned, as I think you are saying performance gets worse over time? The more you use it the worse performance gets correct?

Try 5.2.36 and see if it improves performance for you at all?
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:29 AM   #517
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
It's worse I really need to download an app and make a screen recording. Samsung removed the native option.
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-29-2022, 10:45 PM   #518
MadBimmeRad
Colonel
MadBimmeRad's Avatar
Australia
3813
Rep
2,721
Posts

Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm no longer helping push notifications even though it's selected in my app and shows as active
__________________
M2CS,
The second coming of ///M!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 11:51 PM   #519
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
I'm no longer helping push notifications even though it's selected in my app and shows as active
I recently made some changes with push but was hoping it didnít affect anyone. Maybe it did. You could try to either click on repair push notification option or just turn push off and then turn it on again and see if it helps?
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:49 AM   #520
MadBimmeRad
Colonel
MadBimmeRad's Avatar
Australia
3813
Rep
2,721
Posts

Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
I'm no longer helping push notifications even though it's selected in my app and shows as active
I recently made some changes with push but was hoping it didnít affect anyone. Maybe it did. You could try to either click on repair push notification option or just turn push off and then turn it on again and see if it helps?
Somehow, it's stated behaving again (without intervention)
__________________
M2CS,
The second coming of ///M!
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-30-2022, 01:50 AM   #521
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Somehow, it's stated behaving again (without intervention)
That's always the best solution 👌
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 12:27 PM   #522
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
When opening this thread from the news page, it remains open for a few seconds and then the app crashes, without any warning or information. Tried it numerous times. Didn't noticed this anywhere else.
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-30-2022, 01:24 PM   #523
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
When opening this thread from the news page, it remains open for a few seconds and then the app crashes, without any warning or information. Tried it numerous times. Didn't noticed this anywhere else.
Iíve never seen more images in a single thread before. So I think thatís the reason. Maybe your device is running out of memory in some way. My Samsung S20 is doing great with it, but Iím going to investigate this some more.

How are your other issues doing with the endlessly loading circles, are they now resolved after yesterdays update?
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 01:32 PM   #524
titomi
Lieutenant Colonel
titomi's Avatar
No_Country
880
Rep
1,966
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Iíve never seen more images in a single thread before. So I think thatís the reason. Maybe your device is running out of memory in some way. My Samsung S20 is doing great with it, but Iím going to investigate this some more.

How are your other issues doing with the endlessly loading circles, are they now resolved after yesterdays update?
It's back to how it was, so better. You might be right about my phone. It's sometimes very laggy, which wasn't the issue before. Although it says the I have plenty of memory (both of them).
__________________
'18 G01 X3 xDrive 30i xLine, Sophisto grey, Vernasca Mocha, Adaptive
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-30-2022, 09:50 PM   #525
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
3988
Rep
5,527
Posts

Drives: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if this has been said...

On the website you can click near the top of the thread you are in to take you back to the main page for that particular forum, but there is no way to do that in the app. If I click to a thread from the notification page in the app the only option seems to be to click the back button which takes you back to your notification list.
__________________
Current: 2023 Santorini Blue ///M8 (ordered) ||| 2023 X3 M40 (ordered)
Retired:
2021 Enzian Blue ///M4 ||| 2018 ///M4 ||| 2017 ///M4 ||| 2014 435i ||| 2009 335i Coupe ||| 2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 10:16 PM   #526
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Not sure if this has been said...

On the website you can click near the top of the thread you are in to take you back to the main page for that particular forum, but there is no way to do that in the app. If I click to a thread from the notification page in the app the only option seems to be to click the back button which takes you back to your notification list.
Conceptually, if someone opens a thread from their notifications and they hit back, they will most likely want to go back to see the rest of their notifications.

Hitting back and going back to the main forum from a notification would end up confusing and frustrating most people IMO. In that scenario, how would you go back to viewing the rest of your notifications?
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 10:41 PM   #527
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
3988
Rep
5,527
Posts

Drives: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Conceptually, if someone opens a thread from their notifications and they hit back, they will most likely want to go back to see the rest of their notifications.

Hitting back and going back to the main forum from a notification would end up confusing and frustrating most people IMO. In that scenario, how would you go back to viewing the rest of your notifications?
I agree. It couldn't be the same button. The back button should take you back to your notifications but on the website forum you can either click on the thread title or the particular form name at the top and there's not really a place to do that in the app. Just seems like something that would be handy if you get into a forum by the notification and then just want to go view the rest of the threads in that forum.
__________________
Current: 2023 Santorini Blue ///M8 (ordered) ||| 2023 X3 M40 (ordered)
Retired:
2021 Enzian Blue ///M4 ||| 2018 ///M4 ||| 2017 ///M4 ||| 2014 435i ||| 2009 335i Coupe ||| 2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 1
apptest2056.00
      05-30-2022, 11:29 PM   #528
apptest
Enlisted Member
apptest's Avatar
Austria
2056
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I agree. It couldn't be the same button. The back button should take you back to your notifications but on the website forum you can either click on the thread title or the particular form name at the top and there's not really a place to do that in the app. Just seems like something that would be handy if you get into a forum by the notification and then just want to go view the rest of the threads in that forum.
Ok I see what you are suggesting, a secondary navigation system at the top of threads. Something like that would not be that difficult to put into action. But Iím not sure about it. Mainly because it would go against the clear navigation strategies inherent in apps. Let me think about it some more and see if thereís a way to do it while maintaining a straightforward navigation strategy 👍
__________________
Test 23456rt
Appreciate 2
snareman3988.00
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST