E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD is causing RPM stutter

07-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #1
e90_monster
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 335i xDrive MSport

Hey all,
I'm experiencing a really weird RPM stutter but only on tuned MHD maps, on stock tune the problem goes away. The problem only occurs under high load pulls in S, and ~3k rpm (under high load) in D. It sounds like a rapid stutter in sync with the current RPM and all power flat lines including the RPM. I think it think it could be misfiring with the added boost from the tune. The issue is MHD blocks certain codes from being thrown when you are flashed to a tune (which is my understanding correct me if I'm wrong). So I don't have any misfire codes or any other codes related to this issue, and when I switch to stock and try to replicate the issue to be able to see the code that it produces the stutter goes away. I've replaced my plugs with NGK Laser Iridium and the issue still remains. Ive included a log below any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://datazap.me/u/e90monster/log-...&data=3-16
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 02:54 AM   #2
flapeo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x drive

You have a few timing corrections, one was as much as 5. something on cylinder 6. That may be the stutter you are feeling? I find that the tunes feel much better after a week or so of driving, let it adjust a bit. Also if ur running a BMS intake make sure its sealed post maf. The stock coupler on mine used to slide off a bit and car would run funky
Appreciate 0