E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Electronic malfunction on idrive and no limp mode????

01-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Stage5Lurker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: White Buffalo

Garage List
Electronic malfunction on idrive and no limp mode????

In the past week I have gotten the following codes (see pic below) while driving on the freeway in a non spirited fashion. A few times I thought it to be too much draw off of the system or a short in the cigarette adapter under the glove box. I have not had an opportunity to get under the dash to investigate the blower yet. My idrive indicated to stop the vehicle then would blank out cruise control would cut off, the cockpit went black. It cycles through this 2 to 3 times then everything back to normal. No limp mode, not even once.
Today to 13 mi of non spirited driving to cycle me thru a heart attack. The only difference is today it happened after I shut off the car as well. I have a buddy that had a 35is which caught fire and ended up exploding and bmw has no clue as to why. Then we have the blower motor recall which my build is short 5 months for recall.
I checked the battery terminals and found the positive post to be partially melted. What are the likely culprits and where do I start. Has anyone experienced the same?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0