E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 bixenon headlight 3 led corner help

02-09-2024, 06:40 AM   #1
warlockuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i n46 :(

E90 bixenon headlight 3 led corner help

Hello

My e90 is pre lci 2006

I'm changing my headlights from halogen to bixenon, I think they call it the European version of headlight.
1vision prepared a harness for me, it works perfectly but I would like to know how to make the 3 LEDs that are up on the side work.
I attach an image and a video on Google Drive of how it works.
Video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18q4...ew?usp=sharing

My FRM is FRMFA.C12
Do you know if I have to code something for these 3 LEDs?

Now I also saw on the forums that with my frm I can't have angel eyes DRL
What are my options?
Change the FRM?
Any change in the wiring?
This is not important, for now I want to leave the headlight 100% functional

Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by warlockuy; 02-09-2024 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: add data
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 02:04 PM   #2
warlockuy
Private
Rep

Solved good brico solution, tape pin 1 to 7, when the angel eye turns on, these 3 LEDs too.
Now I only have the problem that when I start the engine the light comes on and off. On Sunday I'm going to charge the 522 to the vo and I'll try that, if this works I'll take it apart and install the headlights later in the week.
Will keep you informed
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 11:14 PM   #3
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

You're correct that you can't have angel eyes as DRLs. Pre-LCI halogen cars use the high beams as DRLs and there's no way to code that. You could get creative with hard wiring it to a relay but it's definitely not a clean factory-like setup.

The three amber LEDs in the LCI lights are specific to the LCI lights and aren't supported by any of the pre-LCI FRMs, so you can't enable them via coding. If I remember correctly there's not even a wire present in the pre-LCI connector on your car, so if you want them to work like they do in the LCI cars you'll need a FRM3 and run a new wire from the FRM harness to the connectors at both headlights.

Are the amber LED turn signals in your new lights turned ON all the time? If so you'll want to code those out. They're too bright to be left on all the time whenever headlights are on.

SIDEMARKER_US = nicht_aktiv

What lights are going on and off when you start the car? The headlights flickering? If so, that's likely the bulb checks. Your FRM is programmed for halogen headlights. Add $522 to the VO and default code the FRM and that should take care of it. (Depending on how comfortable you are with coding you can either set SIDEMARKER_US to nicht_aktiv when you get the default .TRC file, or you can just follow a guide for default module coding, and then code again changing the side marker setting.)

Do you know how your high beams are configured? Did you do any wiring modifications to the LCI lights that you got? If no wiring modifications the high beams likely won't work at all. You'll need to wire the xenon shutter to the high beam wire inside the headlight; however I chose not to do that because the inner lights on the LCI Xenon headlights (at least the adaptive ones that I got) are cornering lights not meant to be left on long since they generate a lot of heat. The safest thing if you choose to do the wiring inside the headlight would be to not use the inner cornering lights at all; disconnect it from the bulb base and wire it to the xenon shutter.

I wanted a factory-like clean setup so when I converted from Pre-LCI halogen to LCI Xenon headlights on my 325 E90 I had to run a new wire from a pin on the harness at the FRM to each headlight for the high beam shutter. I tried coding the FRM module with $522 and still had no high beams, only to realize I had to buy a new FRM that supported Xenons. It's marked on the FRM itself.

Hope this helps. It sounds complicated but it's really not, just need to figure out what you want to do. Just read a lot on this site, but keep in mind that the E90/91 and E92/93 headlight setups are completely different so don't get distracted reading E92/93 headlight modification tutorials like I did.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:30 AM   #4
warlockuy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
You're correct that you can't have angel eyes as DRLs. Pre-LCI halogen cars use the high beams as DRLs and there's no way to code that. You could get creative with hard wiring it to a relay but it's definitely not a clean factory-like setup.

The three amber LEDs in the LCI lights are specific to the LCI lights and aren't supported by any of the pre-LCI FRMs, so you can't enable them via coding. If I remember correctly there's not even a wire present in the pre-LCI connector on your car, so if you want them to work like they do in the LCI cars you'll need a FRM3 and run a new wire from the FRM harness to the connectors at both headlights.

Are the amber LED turn signals in your new lights turned ON all the time? If so you'll want to code those out. They're too bright to be left on all the time whenever headlights are on.

SIDEMARKER_US = nicht_aktiv

What lights are going on and off when you start the car? The headlights flickering? If so, that's likely the bulb checks. Your FRM is programmed for halogen headlights. Add $522 to the VO and default code the FRM and that should take care of it. (Depending on how comfortable you are with coding you can either set SIDEMARKER_US to nicht_aktiv when you get the default .TRC file, or you can just follow a guide for default module coding, and then code again changing the side marker setting.)

Do you know how your high beams are configured? Did you do any wiring modifications to the LCI lights that you got? If no wiring modifications the high beams likely won't work at all. You'll need to wire the xenon shutter to the high beam wire inside the headlight; however I chose not to do that because the inner lights on the LCI Xenon headlights (at least the adaptive ones that I got) are cornering lights not meant to be left on long since they generate a lot of heat. The safest thing if you choose to do the wiring inside the headlight would be to not use the inner cornering lights at all; disconnect it from the bulb base and wire it to the xenon shutter.

I wanted a factory-like clean setup so when I converted from Pre-LCI halogen to LCI Xenon headlights on my 325 E90 I had to run a new wire from a pin on the harness at the FRM to each headlight for the high beam shutter. I tried coding the FRM module with $522 and still had no high beams, only to realize I had to buy a new FRM that supported Xenons. It's marked on the FRM itself.

Hope this helps. It sounds complicated but it's really not, just need to figure out what you want to do. Just read a lot on this site, but keep in mind that the E90/91 and E92/93 headlight setups are completely different so don't get distracted reading E92/93 headlight modification tutorials like I did.
Thank you for the message.

At this moment I only have the problem of flickering the lights.
But still don't add to the VO at $522. This Monday, when I'm on vacation, I'm going to do it and if you don't blink, I'll take apart the front and install it.
I'll tell you what I have working.

First 1Vision made the harness for me and I modified it a little.

Now they work for me

angel eyes
Bixenon low and hi.
3 Led corner
Sidemarker
Autoleveling
Manual leveling from the control

Could you tell me which modules I should leave by default after adding VO $522? and write frm and cas.

First I make a backup of each one and then I overwrite blank.

In the frm I found that it has to be able to put bixenon, so it should work with the VO $522
I leave you some lines that I found in the frm, with the dummy I can see your options.

Search Xenon in frm

BI_XENON_FL_ABSCHALT_OPT
wert_02
BI_XENON_BEI_LH
nicht_aktiv
XENON_WIEDER_Z_AUS_PHASE
wert_01
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
XENON_AL_VERBAUT
nicht_aktiv
BI_XENON_VERBAUT
nicht_aktiv
XENON_WIEDER_ZUEND
nicht_aktiv
XENON_LI
wert_01
XENON_WIEDERHOL_Z_OPT
nicht_aktiv

Very very thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by warlockuy; 02-10-2024 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 09:52 AM   #5
warlockuy
Private
Rep

Solucionado
Appreciate 1