E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > New coding issue, system time

02-20-2024, 03:54 PM   #1
Renboy
Rep
Drives: E46's many of them

New coding issue, system time

Long story short, had a few modules in my car that either didn't have a VIN coded to them, or had an incorrect VIN coded to them. The modules were JBBF, MRS, DSC, MASK/CCC, and MOST. The MASK/CCC and MOST had a VIN there, not mine, but at least it was some VIN, so I left those alone. Also, I had read somewhere that if I tried to change the MOST with a KCAN that it would brick the module.
So I changed the VIN in the JBBF, DSC, and MRS. Just after doing so, I discovered airbag and dsc lights flashing on my dash. Apparently I now have to set the system time for those two modules to stop flashing. Clearing codes in INPA doesn't do anything. So I read the instructions on how to do it in Tool32, but have come to a road block. The instructions in Tool32 are:
Ediabas Tool32: Start System Time
0-Start Tool32
1-Select File->Load SGBD, Group file
2-Browse to the EDIABAS\ECU folder, and search for the file name based on the listed SGBD column. Can be more than 1 file.
3-In the Left of the window select systemzeit_lesen (write)
4-In the middle of the window Argument (value of) type 1 in the dropdown menu
5-double click systemzeit_lesen and done.
6-double click systemzeit_starten. (no arguments) too to restart the time

The problem is, I have neither systemzeit_lesen nor systemzeit_starten in the left pane. I've tried with every SGBD file I could find relating to the DSC and MRS and it's not happening. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Also tried in ISTA+ and couldn't do it there either. Thanks.
Appreciate 0