E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 9CC7 - Anti Trap driver window- hall sensor FRM?

01-29-2023, 05:50 PM   #1
acarpenter86
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92, 2011 335xi e90

9CC7 - Anti Trap driver window- hall sensor FRM?

The window will go all the way up and all the way down... an inch at a time with about 10-15 button presses/pulls.

I tried the reinitialization (holding down the button at the top and bottom for different amounts of time depending on guide) and nothing changed.

I read that one issue can be a hall sensor that is internal to the motor. One user said he somehow disassembled the motor and cleaned this sensor. Might try that.

At any rate, is there some kind of reprogram that might fix this issue without taking the motor out? I read on a BMW/Mini site that sometimes updating FRM software can fix this issue, but I am not sure if this is shared with E90s.

If anyone has suggestions, I will gladly try them as this is super annoying if you get to a drive thru... hahaha.

Last edited by acarpenter86; 01-31-2023 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 06:24 PM   #2
acarpenter86
Private
Rep

I snagged another motor today since it apparently contains the hall sensor...

Same result when I plugged in the motor to test it. Hall sensor voltage appears to be 0V according the the INPA error in the FRM.

So... I am wondering if the FRM shuts off voltage to the hall sensor after 50 errors or something like it does with lights.

I looked in Tool32 but my German is terrible. I saw plenty with Fensterheber (power window) and even one that showed the hall sensor error, but I am not sure if there is a function to reset perhaps? I didn't know what arguments to enter if so.

Either that or I have a broken wire...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 03:21 AM   #3
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Hi acarpenter86

Have you solved this problem?
I have a friend with the same problem and we also swapped the motors with others and the problem is not in the motors.

The motors work like a charm in another car (both, the original and the donors) but the do not work in the problematic car so I think there is a problem with the FRM module.

The car has been left with the battery disconnected for many months and when my friend connected it back, the problem came up.

We have tried to reset the window anti pinch function with INPA and ISTA and they roll down but not complete the cycle and finally the dash shows the problem and INPA shows both 9cc7 and 9cc8 (left and right window hall sensor). ISTA-D shows no problem with FRM while INPA shows both codes... not sure why we have different error log with two softwares...

We are planning to replace the FRM as last solution but have you found another way to solve this?

Thanks a lot.
      10-05-2023, 07:29 AM   #4
acarpenter86
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
Hi acarpenter86

I have a friend with the same problem and we also swapped the motors with others and the problem is not in the motors.

The motors work like a charm in another car (both, the original and the donors) but the do not work in the problematic car so I think there is a problem with the FRM module.

The car has been left with the battery disconnected for many months and when my friend connected it back, the problem came up.

We have tried to reset the window anti pinch function with INPA and ISTA and they roll down but not complete the cycle and finally the dash shows the problem and INPA shows both 9cc7 and 9cc8 (left and right window hall sensor). ISTA-D shows no problem with FRM while INPA shows both codes... not sure why we have different error log with two softwares...

We are planning to replace the FRM as last solution but have you found another way to solve this?

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately I never solved it before I sold the car. However, replacing the FRM was my next step! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 02:42 PM   #5
mjson31
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
Hi acarpenter86

Thanks a lot.
Hi Jose_JN

I, too, am now facing this problem. Were you able to figure it out by any chance?
Appreciate 0