E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Dealing with the alphabet soup EGR/DPF/SCR

08-21-2023, 09:30 PM   #375
Persian Whisperjet
Kind of a Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR OHNOZ View Post
Newbie. Great post. Wish I had seen this before figuring it out for myself. Quick question. Does the ecu remap keep the def pump from coming on. Or does the def pump need disabling/removal too.
Tunes can come in different shapes and sizes, so specify if you want DEF turned off. Re DEF pump, I have never heard of anyone actually removing it, just disabling it and the resultant codes. If you get the car in the air there are two small drain lines that will empty out your tank (unless you are in a hurry -- it can take an hour).
      09-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #376
Tomnavigator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D, V-10 Touareg Diesel

There are several members on this forum that have removed all of the DEF system, Including DEF tank, DEF pump, SCR, DEF injector, Upstream NOx sensor, Downstream NOx sensor and many if not all the related wiring harnesses. One member removed his DEF tank and the resonator at the rear of the car and installed a spare tire under the car. He ran his exhaust on each side of the spare tire (still has dual exhaust). If you were wondering where the DEF pump is located, the DEF pump is mounted on a bracket behind the left rear tire between the tire and the rear bumper.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 09:52 AM   #377
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Lots of people remove the tank, use a 335i trunk pan and put a spare tire in it's place.
      11-27-2023, 09:28 PM   #378
MR OHNOZ
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport 2007, 335d 2011

I was reading earlier threads on dealing with deleting the dpf/egr/def pump/scr tanks, pulling fuses, adding thermoresisters to the wiring?, etc. So, is it now to the point where someone can just remove the scr pump, hoses, and tank; just bag up the attached electrical connections and sensors. Then get a tune that makes the ecu run without all the deleted stuff. If this is the case, that is great news. If not, how are folks getting around tricking the ECU. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 09:46 PM   #379
MR OHNOZ
Rep

There is a way to open with pins on ecu connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwiz94 View Post
^^^^^

This happened to me yesterday. Even though I had the rear bumper and taillights out because I'm also replacing the rear bumper in addition to the abc delete, it was a pain to reach the lever to open. I had my dad using my phone on one side to direct me with a pry bar. Once we got it open and tied some string to it, we had a good laugh about it
Sorry, new member and very very late to the post. But this might help someone. It happened to me with my project 2011 335d. Closed the trunk with the battery removed. It locked, no way to open it. Luckily, my son is good at reading wiring schematics and he opened the trunk latch by putting current to the right pin(s) in the connector to the ecu. Sorry, not sure which ones. The trunk latch clicked open, and I was impressed.

Last edited by MR OHNOZ; 11-30-2023 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 10:23 PM   #380
MR OHNOZ
Rep

Guys, thanks for the replies and help. So, I suppose I'm looking for a tuner to work with. Who do you guys like. Again thanks. By the way I've started on removing the DEF tanks and assoc. pumping; per your guidance. Everything done per deletes, almost ready to fire it up just need the remap.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2023, 07:00 PM   #381
Ivan67
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, F25 X3, e90 335d

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
I recommend the JR tune. I got it through tunemyeuro.com
My car is a 2011 base model that was stock for 86k miles.
I used the Buzzken down pipe with cat and gutted the scr.
The car runs great.
Good luck,
Ivan.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 05:41 PM   #382
leedawg
Registered
Rep
Drives: e39 M5, E36 M3, E3 3.0l

Quote:
I was reading earlier threads on dealing with deleting the dpf/egr/def pump/scr tanks, pulling fuses, adding thermoresisters to the wiring?, etc. So, is it now to the point where someone can just remove the scr pump, hoses, and tank; just bag up the attached electrical connections and sensors. Then get a tune that makes the ecu run without all the deleted stuff. If this is the case, that is great news. If not, how are folks getting around tricking the ECU. Thanks in advance.
Correct you can just simply tune it out and then unplug/remove whatever you want and its as if the car was made without it no problems.

Quote:
Guys, thanks for the replies and help. So, I suppose I'm looking for a tuner to work with. Who do you guys like. Again thanks. By the way I've started on removing the DEF tanks and assoc. pumping; per your guidance. Everything done per deletes, almost ready to fire it up just need the remap.
I went with the malone tune bought their flashzilla programer and its super nice to just read your ECU file upload it and then boom they create a tune for the car and you just simply flash it to your cars ECU. I did not want to have to pull my ECU and mail it off to get tuned then wait for it to come back. Plus can flash back to stock file anytime you wish and turn on and off options that you orderd. Its prett nice. That being said it is a stock tune so not custom persay to your uinque vehicle. For me though this was good enough and I am finding the performance to be spectacular.
Next level would be obviously taking the car in and having it on a dyno and having a tuner custom map it for my area and the car itself.

Quote:
Sorry, new member and very very late to the post. But this might help someone. It happened to me with my project 2011 335d. Closed the trunk with the battery removed. It locked, no way to open it. Luckily, my son is good at reading wiring schematics and he opened the trunk latch by putting current to the right pin(s) in the connector to the ecu. Sorry, not sure which ones. The trunk latch clicked open, and I was impressed.
Why not just unlock the door with the key and power up the car through the accessory power jack and then open the trunk that way? Or open the hood and put power to the postive post and the frame and power the car up that way?
Appreciate 0