E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Has anyone flashed a diesel PPK?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
808AWD325xi's Avatar
No_Country
475
Rep
1,262
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moline, IL

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone flashed a diesel PPK?

I found the PPK ZB numbers for the pre-LCI and LCI cars with N47 engines (N47D20O0 & N47D20O1.)

Do they require a FSC code?
__________________
Alpina B3 Flash/BMS OCC/ER CP/ETS 5/HKS BOV/M3 Control Arms/OFT
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Terraphantm
Captain
241
Rep
768
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A

iTrader: (1)

Supposedly it requires a new DME. Which makes it sound like BMW for some insane reason changed the powerclass or something.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #3
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Ibo24's Avatar
Belgium
107
Rep
590
Posts

Drives: BMW 320d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
How much hp will you gain with this?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 04:32 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
492
Rep
2,514
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

I think people tried this with winkfp and ended up with a security access error.

I would imagine there is some small hardware change in the DDE??

Alternatively, you could use BMWFileCreator and convert the *0pa / *0da files from intelhex to bin and copy the maps for flashing with tuning software. Kind of defeats the point though
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
808AWD325xi's Avatar
No_Country
475
Rep
1,262
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moline, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
How much hp will you gain with this?
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...it_diesel.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraphantm View Post
Supposedly it requires a new DME. Which makes it sound like BMW for some insane reason changed the powerclass or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
I think people tried this with winkfp and ended up with a security access error.

I would imagine there is some small hardware change in the DDE??

Alternatively, you could use BMWFileCreator and convert the *0pa / *0da files from intelhex to bin and copy the maps for flashing with tuning software. Kind of defeats the point though
Thanks guys for the info guys!

I believe that you're correct with regards to the DDE701, the Bosch part number used for the PPK DDE does not appear in any Bosch part catalogs.

In the case of the DDE71, I suspect that's not the case. The Bosch part number is used across many vehicles and I found this post where someone claims to have flashed two cars:
Code:
Re: BMW EDC17 Torque Limitation

Postby RussianE39 Ľ Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am
Two cars is already driving with tuned Performance software (one EU4/AT car and one EU5/AT car) :). I've just reflashed their DDE71
with Performance software. BMW wants to sell you something, which looks valuable - remember cost of their PPK :) And it is good,
because for another engines they often use FSC code for performance (remember MSD80/85 for E71).
If anyone wants to try a DDE71, let me know and I'll help you determine the proper ZB number.
__________________
Alpina B3 Flash/BMS OCC/ER CP/ETS 5/HKS BOV/M3 Control Arms/OFT
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #6
morrisonuk
New Member
United Kingdom
1
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 320d
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
In the case of the DDE71, I suspect that's not the case. The Bosch part number is used across many vehicles and I found this post where someone claims to have flashed two cars:
Code:
Re: BMW EDC17 Torque Limitation

Postby RussianE39 ¬Ľ Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 am
Two cars is already driving with tuned Performance software (one EU4/AT car and one EU5/AT car) :). I've just reflashed their DDE71
with Performance software. BMW wants to sell you something, which looks valuable - remember cost of their PPK :) And it is good,
because for another engines they often use FSC code for performance (remember MSD80/85 for E71).
If anyone wants to try a DDE71, let me know and I'll help you determine the proper ZB number.
Did anyone ever take you up on this offer?

I've got a 09 E90 320d LCI with the N47D20O0 engine. Just updated all the modules on it (apart from any on the MOST BUS, I'm using a k+dcan cable) and was about to do the DDE. Thought I would have a look to see if anyone was flashing tunes to the standard DDE ECU and came across this.

From what I've seen at the link below, it doesn't look like the additional hardware BMW will sell you is actually needed. Correct me if I'm wrong by the way!

http://showcars.co.za/bmw/bmw-perfor...upgrade-review

1. Engine Control Unit (ECU) with updated software - If you can just flash the PPK tune to the current DDE, that's that problem solved.

2. Higher capacity Intercooler - This is the only thing that I'm thinking may be necessary? But 6 fins going to 8... Will that make a huge difference?

3. 600W electric radiator fan with improved frame for better airflow - I have never heard the fan on my e90 come on. To the point where the other day I used ISTA to test the fan and air flap things to make sure they actually worked!

4. Plastic air guide - What???

5. BMW Power Kit Aluminium Badge - Don't care

6. Other small parts - ?

I'd like to see if it's possible to flash the PPK to the standard ECU, but I'm a bit worried that it could brick the ECU to the point where I can't use WINKFP to flash the standard ZB back. I'm just one man and a car I don't have any ECU's lying around, and would have to get a new DDE, CAS and key if it all went wrong

If it failed to flash or just didn't work, is there always a way to flash the correct ZB back to the module? aka a backup plan
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #7
Moonwrth
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: CZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisonuk View Post
Did anyone ever take you up on this offer?

I've got a 09 E90 320d LCI with the N47D20O0 engine. Just updated all the modules on it (apart from any on the MOST BUS, I'm using a k+dcan cable) and was about to do the DDE. Thought I would have a look to see if anyone was flashing tunes to the standard DDE ECU and came across this.

From what I've seen at the link below, it doesn't look like the additional hardware BMW will sell you is actually needed. Correct me if I'm wrong by the way!

http://showcars.co.za/bmw/bmw-perfor...upgrade-review

1. Engine Control Unit (ECU) with updated software - If you can just flash the PPK tune to the current DDE, that's that problem solved.

2. Higher capacity Intercooler - This is the only thing that I'm thinking may be necessary? But 6 fins going to 8... Will that make a huge difference?

3. 600W electric radiator fan with improved frame for better airflow - I have never heard the fan on my e90 come on. To the point where the other day I used ISTA to test the fan and air flap things to make sure they actually worked!

4. Plastic air guide - What???

5. BMW Power Kit Aluminium Badge - Don't care

6. Other small parts - ?

I'd like to see if it's possible to flash the PPK to the standard ECU, but I'm a bit worried that it could brick the ECU to the point where I can't use WINKFP to flash the standard ZB back. I'm just one man and a car I don't have any ECU's lying around, and would have to get a new DDE, CAS and key if it all went wrong

If it failed to flash or just didn't work, is there always a way to flash the correct ZB back to the module? aka a backup plan

I spent hours trying to find some more info. Many people tried and failed. In the end i found 2 people who claimed they've done it successfully, unfortunately both no longer available/active members.
To be honest, those who tried and failed made it unnecessarily complicated, so i used trial and error method
First attempt?? Successfully flashed and confirmed by reading ecu data in boot mode.

In the end its simple 2min mod of SP-Daten in notepad
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST