E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Need Advice on Driving School

02-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
BeAmW335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Smile Need Advice on Driving School

I am thinking about attending the Two-Day BMW Driving School in South Carolina. The cost is $1095 and it's about 6 hours away from where I live (FL). There isn't much detail about that course on their website, but I am looking for a class to improve track driving skills, not a safety driving class. I have never attended any other driving school, and have never been to a track, except for when I took delivery of my 335 at the Performance Delivery Center. Those few hours on the track were awesome!

Has anyone taken this class recently that can share their experience or recommend something else? I don't have to take this class if there is a better alternative. I don't have to attend a "BMW" driving school, but I don't know what else is out there. I would love to do the M school, but it's too expensive.

Thanks in advance
      02-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
K335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3

I'd recommend joining your local BMW CCA chapter and taking a look at their HPDE (High Performance Driving Events) schedule. The Car Control Clinic is probably where you will start, and it's a great way to learn how to control your car at the limits. It's usually also a prerequisite to track events. These events are a lot less expensive than the BMW Driving School too, so that's something to keep in mind.

That being said, I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the BMW schools at their South Carolina facility. I've never been to one so I can't offer any first hand experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
totoro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

The "Two-Day BMW Driving School" is just an extended version of the PDC class you've already taken & it is all about safety driving.
Here is a review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54088

another one: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235023

Find your local BMWCCA chapter & take their events. You'll get lots of good instruction & plenty of track time.