Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > New Wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
robkouvelis
Life Is Short Don't Hate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i N51 3 Pedals

Garage List
New Wheels

So it's time for new tires, the michelin pilot sport as3+ have been great (awesome dry and wet traction terrible in snow/ice). It's also time for new rims as the originals are beat up quite a bit. I found rims I like on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/153138189291 but don't like the silver bits so they will be rattle caned gloss black. The new rims are 8" wide just like the old ones but are now 18" vs 17", tires will be 235 vs 225. My question is will these fit and would you trust them on your car? Also what would be the widest square set possible?
      05-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

You are thinking about buying wheels off of eBay? I'd feel better off finding a set in the Classified Section on the forum from a member with a history or a Sponsor of the forum. What are the odds of getting any service afterward if you had an issue with them? But then, what difference does it matter since you're going to spray paint them anyway.