E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 E93 No electrical power, no dash lights, no start but headlights work

12-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Malibu_rod
Rep
Drives: Bmw #28i

2011 E93 No electrical power, no dash lights, no start but headlights work

Haven't drove the care for a week just sitting in the driveway. I go out to open the door no response from the key fob. I open the door with the key and no interior lights no dash lights. I think though it was battery drained but looks good 12.9V but put it on the trickle charger just in case.

Anyway heads lights work fine, emergency lights ok but weird thing no arrow indicators on the dash come on when the emergency lights come on. The little light under the mirror for the alarm blinking but alarm doesn't trigger Of course no start not even a click sound. When I open the door I hear the fuel pump come on.

I checked all the fuses and they are good, check the black relay and its good. I measure the fuse box I get voltage. Not sure what else to check anyone run into a problem like this before. I'm at a loss. Can't pull codes cause no power. Because its a convertible the windows went down a bit when you open the door like they are supposed to that's until I disconnected the battery to look at the fuse box as I read a thread with burned 12 main supply at the fuse box but the cable looks good, I removed the connector and it looks good the connector on the fuse box looks fine. Again checked continuity and its good. So I assuming that that is not the issue especially since I have voltage at the fuse box. Now they don't work right because I have to reset them but cant because no power so no I have an issue with the drivers side door window being partially open with the rain had to tape it.

Anyone have an incite to the issue.

Wanted to add one more thing. When I was messing around with the fuse box I connected the battery and I got everything to work but then I disconnect the battery as I wanted to put the fuse box upright after that no power again even after messing with the same things coincidence I don't now which is throwing me off. Was thinking of "shot gunning" it and replacing the fuse box as there is some circuitry there.

Last edited by Malibu_rod; 12-15-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
Malibu_rod
Rep
Drives: Bmw #28i

Quick update, messed around again with the fuse box area and after I got the connector off the main 12V feed line (You have to tap the head of the allen screw clamping the connector to the fuse box to release it) and plunged it back in and put everything back I got power again so I'm thinking maybe it something going on with the fuse box itself. I did check both the Green and black relays and they were fine both energized and de-energized conditions. There was some codes 2DC3 - DME Monitoring Terminal 15 & 2ACC - DME:Master Relay shift delay so its possibly the relay didn't know it would kill power for everything. So I'm scratching my head again hoping the fuse box is the issue cause I don't want to be driving around and this issue comes up.

Last edited by Malibu_rod; 12-15-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0