E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > CCC Upgrade with Reprogramming

06-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
CCC Upgrade with Reprogramming

I don't know how often this happens--I have searched but I didn't read too many posts on this. This isn't a question, but just to tell people about my navi issue experience, as it may happen to others in the future.

So about two weeks ago, my Navi started to freeze/die/and restart. This would happen multiple times per trip, but usually, it would work fine after a while. I thought at first it might be an exposed wire or a connection might have been loose, because it kept restarting. I did a crude battery test to see if lighting changed as I turned on the car, but it was fine. (There are several threads on the Navi symptoms)

A few days later, Navi completely died and did not restart. The DVD/CD area remained lit with spooling/fan sounds but the navi didn't work. Unconnected battery/reconnected and this didn't fix it.

Last resort was dealership, so I went there and they basically told me the diagnostic recommended a program re-install/update, but this might not fix the problem. CCC replacement with reprogram would be the best solution, yet obviously the most expensive.

I am out of warranty for these kinds of fixes (I have the 6yr/100,000 maintenance warranty left), so the cost is slightly upwards of 1k $$--I believe around 1.2k actually.

And, it will be approximately 2 whole days (1 day diagnostic, 1 day CCC replacement + reprogram). Or, if they don't have CCC at the parts department, it could take as little as 3 whole days (but quite possibly more).

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
oh & move this to i-drive subforum please. thanks.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Update, so apparently after replacing CCC with reprogramming allowed the navigation to turn on.

However, the SA said there's an issue with audio and that the amplifier will need to be replaced as the amplifier is not taking inputs and cannot be reprogrammed. Replacement with programming will cost another 1.2k for the amplifier followed by labor and reprogramming. Total cost of job with CCC and reprogramming looks to be around 3.2k. Not sure how all the numbers add up but that is F'ing ridiculous.

Had I known this was going to cost so much, I would have just left the navigation and sound dead. Navigation without sound is pretty ridiculous and definitely not worth the price I will pay. Navigation with sound is even more ridiculous for the cost... I have decided to just pay for the CCC repair and to leave the amplifier as is (which means no music, no sound, no nothing).

I am very unhappy, but I guess these are the problems you run into when you are out of warranty. The car is probably worth around 18k, and the cost to repair is 1/6 the cost of the car? yeahh i don't think it's worth it.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
sea335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

I just had my CCC replaced but theres no sound. I haven't reprogrammed it yet but will that fix it or Id have to replace the amp?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea335i View Post
I just had my CCC replaced but theres no sound. I haven't reprogrammed it yet but will that fix it or Id have to replace the amp?
what were your original symptoms? did navi black out/no sound?

you might have to replace the logic7 amp

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
afsar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

Letting dealer replace the CCC was a bad decision. They are too pricey to start with. You could have got the CIC upgrade for pretty much the same price. There are vendors here who would do that.

Anyway no point in going back I would visit the dealership and ask them to fix the problem or rollback everything with full refund (less likely) and my argument would be they should have checked the compatibility before asking you to embark on the replacement journey.

Contact the vendors over here they should able to give you a solution at a fraction of dealership price.
      06-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afsar View Post
Letting dealer replace the CCC was a bad decision. They are too pricey to start with. You could have got the CIC upgrade for pretty much the same price. There are vendors here who would do that.

Anyway no point in going back I would visit the dealership and ask them to fix the problem or rollback everything with full refund (less likely) and my argument would be they should have checked the compatibility before asking you to embark on the replacement journey.

Contact the vendors over here they should able to give you a solution at a fraction of dealership price.
yeah this was a year ago. i got a "discount" of like 1.4k. i woulda gone independent shop had i known it was gonna be a PIA

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
sea335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
what were your original symptoms? did navi black out/no sound?

you might have to replace the logic7 amp
Yeah the screen blacked out but called BMW assist and the speakers worked fine. Right now no audio, no chime or seat belt warning. I hope its not the amp
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea335i View Post
Yeah the screen blacked out but called BMW assist and the speakers worked fine. Right now no audio, no chime or seat belt warning. I hope its not the amp
they'll probably try to reprogram the amp... if the amp doesn't respond then they'll have to replace (assuming its not wiring or fuse)

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
sea335i
Private First Class
Rep

So Im still dealing with this issue. My amp works fine (tested) so its a good thing, but before I take my car in, I jsut want to make that the reprogramming is what I need...can someone pls confirm?
Appreciate 0