E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Radiator to Oil Cooler Coolant Leak

06-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

Radiator to Oil Cooler Coolant Leak

When I removed my OEM intercooler to install my VRSF I noticed dry coolant on the outlet of the OEM intercooler. At first glance it looked as if the plastic end tank was leaking from the core. First thought was to replace the radiator. A quick search showed that these radiators rarely fail. I took a harder look today and found this..

It's hard to tell whether the leak originates from the snout that goes into the radiator or the section where the hose that joins into the plastic. If it's the snout, I could easily replace the O ring; the hose would require purchasing the part below..

Wherever it's leaking from it's a very slow leak. I checked the radiator above this area and it's clean; no trace of coolant. I'm going to clean it up and check back in a day or two.

Do you guys agree that the leak is this hose or possibly bottom of the radiator end tank?

Will I have to drain the radiator completely to install this piece?

Thanks!
2011 BSP 335is- FOR SALE
2018 YMB M3- Current
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Gnars
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Seems like the hose to me, if you wanted to you could get a pump and a cap to fit your radiator cap and pressure test it. Looks to me that hose is the culprit and if the hose is connected towards the bottom of the radiator seems inevitable that youd need to drain it.
Appreciate 0