E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Having trouble starting

06-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Medic4.life
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Having trouble starting

Hello everyone, I've been having issues with my bmw. It's 2006 325i and its been sitting for a long time not running. I bought it used and was able to drive it home, one night my brother borrowed my car ending the night getting rear ended. After insurance was able to clean it up I wasn't able to get it to crank at all, only way to start to car for brief second is to jump the battery and under the the hood terminals. So I would literally have two vehicles trying to jump my bmw. Few weeks pass by due to taking 22 credits this last semester freaking battery died, so I went ahead and replaced my battery and nothing works. A friend of mine comes over with computer snap on tablet to program my battery, a few test we replaced the starter still nothing. Reason we replaced the starter was I hotwire the solenoid to get the engine to turn and you can hear the solenoid is stuck. These are the codes I have;
9CCE BATTERY EXHAUSTED
E58bh/58763 undocumented
931D under or over voltage
A6CF AUC SENSOR
A669 interior light
A090 mechanical sunroof
Cec7 ekps powertrain CAN fault
629E Ekps crash deactivation
Aoc1 terminal 50
94BB steering angle sensor
94Bd steering angle sensor
5df4 wiring supply <9v
51ad wheel speed sensor (dsc) missing
93d4 crash telegram memory one crash stored
93b2 safety battery terminal
So summer class started and didn't have time to work on it. Had the car be taken to the dealer. 800 dollars later and safety battery terminal replaced, engine turns on its own but still no start. I should've have picked up on that because it even through a code, but school and work got me sidetracked. The dealer checks for fuel and ignition and they claim everything is working. Now they want to do a compression check. Which seems weird because this car ran fine when I bought it used from a local, for compression test dealer want 385. I know I can do it myself, think gonna have to because 400 bucks is too much right now. So I came to this site looking for help. If you guys can help me out what to look for and test out. Thank you in advance, planning taking few days off class to get my baby running again.
Appreciate 0