E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Airbag light

05-09-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
Blakey4
Rep
Drives: 325i touring

Airbag light

2006 BMW 325i touring

Hi guys,

I have the Airbag light, I had it diagnosed at the local garage and they said their device stated there was a BST fault (93b2) , I bought the replacement from the main dealer at £145, went back to my local garage and it hasn't allowed them to clear the code? does 93b2 mean any other faults? or does this suggest harness/wiring?
frustratingly i did ask the main dealer, before handing my cash over, if there was a way to test the cable and they said there wasn't? other than if its working normally....

If the mat sensor is to blame can any one give me a clue as to how to test it and its harness? Also, FYI, if someone sits in either seat and does not use a seat belt the warning goes off as normal.

can some one help me with a link to the bentley manuals?

I am a qualified bike mechanic so I have experience diagnosing electrics, just not as complex or hidden as this, so am looking for ways to narrow down where to look.

thanks for any help, I really need to get my mot sorted ASAP

+ recent history includes water damaged and replaced DME before christmas, fitted and "programmed" at the main dealer, Water pump failure(replaced myself).

Water pump failure, airbag light, faulty rear wiper relay all since DME fault symptoms started, (which was a lack of an oil level reading, giving the red service light and not allowing the car to start unless i removed and then replaced the engine fuse with the ignition on, some sort of safe mode i assume)

Last edited by Blakey4; 05-09-2015 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: added recent history of issues
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Blakey4
Rep
Drives: 325i touring

just in case any one finds this, I have solved the issue.

The BST is not the problem if your car continues to start/drive normally.

If no other fault codes are present Its most likely the 'Battery Safety Terminal Igniter connection'

Its a pesky connector that is tricky to pull out and can be damaged very easily. It actually has a role as a resister so needs to fit perfectly.
After every dealership insisting I needed the BST ( @ £150) I finally managed to get them to order a replacement wire and connector for £6.75 + vat, I cut the old connector off, fitted the new and could clear the fault code(93b2) instantly.

happy days
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Ramsay Snow
Rep
Drives: 2008 Dinan S3

Hey, having the same problem. but want to test it first with a resistor. It's 3.3Ohm, right?
Appreciate 0