E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5

12-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V10 All Black

Check out how BMW of NA F***ed me Burnt SMG CLutch on an M5

Check out how BMW of Manhattan screwed the SH out of me

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completley when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gnna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said thatthey wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didn help me for shit all they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
F*** YOU

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and ScumW of manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the $hit out of me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

BMW are a bunch of scumbags - this will be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

Jeff L. Cicero was my advisor.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal" F*** you Michael.

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a Scum as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield whiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did JiWhore and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

this is a thread i started when the problem first happend, and u can see the whole story there
http://forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=88341

if u had any recent experiences with them please comment
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
noro
Colonel
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '91 M3, '04 E46 ZHP, '72 2002

so do you now like the BMW of Manhattan?
      12-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
MalM3
4 pot warrior
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 318I

Garage List
2006 e90  [10.00]
but what do ypu think could be the problem ?
was it mabey you though it could be a bad clutch ?

why was it changed 2000+ miles ago also?
Was that one changed under warrenty? and also from the same dealer?

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

pretty interesting since his clutch was already replaced 2000 miles ago
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5poe View Post

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completley when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gnna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said thatthey wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didn help me for shit all they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
F*** YOU

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and ScumW of manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the $hit out of me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

BMW are a bunch of scumbags - this will be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal" F*** you Michael.

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a Scum as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield whiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did JiWhore and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

this is a thread i started when the problem first happend, and u can see the whole story there

That would be your last "Bimmer"; and hopefully you can differentiate between the dealership and the brand, which, you know, are two different things.

Definately switch dealers - but then, unfortunately, perhaps you should have done some of the searches you did after the fact, before you brought your car in, since obviously your clutch was not the only thing that stank in that Manhattan dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

I have never had to have my clutch changed in any of the cars I ever owned (all manual) except for on 1988 Dodge Omni 4 speed (4 on the floor) that had 160,000kms when I bought third hand - so one may well wonder WTF indeed. Unless the dealer defrauded the client by not actually changing the clutch to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
A friend of mine needed to have a windshield replacement. The cost at the dealerships in Brooklyn, Queens, and LI varied between $2600-3000. BMW Manhattan quoted $4500. I can understand that Manhattan is always a little more expensive for everything, but how do you explain this much variance for a straightforward job within a few mile radius. Life Quality BMW in Brooklyn is also terrible, and Bayside BMW in Queens is also shady. I've dealt with all of the above for various things, and basically I cannot find a good or even an average dealership in the NYC area...

Tim
      12-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Karod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 328i Sedan

Quote:

F*** YOU

Kill them all. While your at it, key their bimmers.
      12-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

wow
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:

F*** YOU

As far as them not replacing the clutch under warranty, I think thats some what fair. Although they could had done it under goodwill

As far as them charging you labor on a car under warranty??? Thats just poor customer service. You shouldnt have to charge that much money to diagnose something...

I would give BMWNA some more hell and try to get the issue resolved. Make a scene, thats alot of money my friend.

But you obviously had to have been doing something wrong! Granted, M cars are meant to be driven hard...But for you to have two clutch replacements in less than 5 years??? That seems a little excessive.

I mean this in the least offensive way: Perhaps you should learn how to drive a manual transmission at full throttle... < No for real.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
cjava
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
I mean this in the least offensive way: Perhaps you should learn how to drive a manual transmission at full throttle... < No for real.
He has a SMG transmission. Very little to learn.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Yea I heard bmw of manhattan sucks ASS.
      12-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

I tought the SMG/DCT clutches should last a lifetime, because the gearbox software shifts perfectly with minimal slip...it's strange !
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay View Post
A friend of mine needed to have a windshield replacement. The cost at the dealerships in Brooklyn, Queens, and LI varied between $2600-3000. BMW Manhattan quoted $4500. I can understand that Manhattan is always a little more expensive for everything, but how do you explain this much variance for a straightforward job within a few mile radius. Life Quality BMW in Brooklyn is also terrible, and Bayside BMW in Queens is also shady. I've dealt with all of the above for various things, and basically I cannot find a good or even an average dealership in the NYC area...

Tim

take your car to jmk, they give u a loaner and theservice is excellent
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
As far as them not replacing the clutch under warranty, I think thats some what fair. Although they could had done it under goodwill

As far as them charging you labor on a car under warranty??? Thats just poor customer service. You shouldnt have to charge that much money to diagnose something...

I would give BMWNA some more hell and try to get the issue resolved. Make a scene, thats alot of money my friend.

But you obviously had to have been doing something wrong! Granted, M cars are meant to be driven hard...But for you to have two clutch replacements in less than 5 years??? That seems a little excessive.

this car is an SMG clutch, i've owned 5 beemer presvious to this one, and never burned one clutch all were manual.. maybe u should read first (no offense)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay View Post

Tim
How is a windshield even close to $2600 to replace? I replaced the one on my E46 330 and I believe it was $600
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

It's ridiculous... Screw them! Hope you get your car soon dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
How is a windshield even close to $2600 to replace? I replaced the one on my E46 330 and I believe it was $600
Was going to ask the same question. Is he talking about the windshield off the Space Shuttle?
      12-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
335i = space shuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Was going to ask the same question. Is he talking about the windshield off the Space Shuttle?
Nope, it was a 335i. In fact his insurance wouldn't even cover the entire cost...

From RealOEM, the cost in parts is well over 700, and the technicians work for $145 an hour. At that dealership they always jack up the cost of parts as well. It is excessive (and shocking), but unfortunately reality. It probably could be done at a non metro BMW for 2k or less.

I'm not sure the space shuttle is a "green" windshield with rain sensors, etc.
      12-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #20
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep

Quote:
this car is an SMG clutch, i've owned 5 beemer presvious to this one, and never burned one clutch all were manual.. maybe u should read first (no offense)

My mistake.

Thats complete BS man.

Perhaps they are thinking you can afford it because of your sticker on the car...?

Profiling you
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #21
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
I hate BMW of Manhattan.

Even their sales department is full of cocky bastards.

I got so pissed at them and their attitude when I wanted to buy my second 335/535 that even though I was no longer interested in doing business with them after they gave me their initial price, I continued to act FULLY interested, asked for test drives (never went for them), negotiated the hell out of them and made pretend I had different offers coming from different dealerships, and I even spoke with the manager who gave me his final "best price". This went on for a good week (on my spare time, lol), then finally, I set an appointment to go in and leave a deposit. When that day came, I never showed up and they called asking if I was going in.
I said "no thank you, Rallye BMW gave me a MUCH better price without me even having to negotiate with them. I also read books worth of reviews about your service department which sounds more like a GM service department full of thieves. Until you make some serious changes to the way you do business, I'll be taking my business elsewhere."

The guy didn't know what to say and started coming up with excuses and "what if we can work something out and beat Rallye's price."
I said "I though't you said your last price was your FINAL BEST PRICE, sorry I don't like to play games, have a nice day."

Moral of the story: STAY AWAY FROM BMW OF MANHATTAN NO MATTER WHAT.
      12-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I hate BMW of Manhattan.

Even their sales department is full of cocky bastards.

I got so pissed at them and their attitude when I wanted to buy my second 335/535 that even though I was no longer interested in doing business with them after they gave me their initial price, I continued to act FULLY interested, asked for test drives (never went for them), negotiated the hell out of them and made pretend I had different offers coming from different dealerships, and I even spoke with the manager who gave me his final "best price". This went on for a good week (on my spare time, lol), then finally, I set an appointment to go in and leave a deposit. When that day came, I never showed up and they called asking if I was going in.
I said "no thank you, Rallye BMW gave me a MUCH better price without me even having to negotiate with them. I also read books worth of reviews about your service department which sounds more like a GM service department full of thieves. Until you make some serious changes to the way you do business, I'll be taking my business elsewhere."

The guy didn't know what to say and started coming up with excuses and "what if we can work something out and beat Rallye's price."
I said "I though't you said your last price was your FINAL BEST PRICE, sorry I don't like to play games, have a nice day."

Moral of the story: STAY AWAY FROM BMW OF MANHATTAN NO MATTER WHAT.
^^^^
Appreciate 0