E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > TPMS Coding Issue

11-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
fishtime9
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i e90

TPMS Coding Issue

I went ahead and tried to code out my TPMS sensor today. As I'm running aftermarket run-flats and never paid attention to any of my past TPMS sensors (Since i visually inspect the car before entering or leaving it).

When accessing the FA module, I noticed that the $2VB is missing. Also I've been coding in the NCS dummy profile. As my installation did not come with the ExpertMode/ExpertMan profile.

Can someone shine some light on this? I would immensly appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtime9 View Post
I went ahead and tried to code out my TPMS sensor today. As I'm running aftermarket run-flats and never paid attention to any of my past TPMS sensors (Since i visually inspect the car before entering or leaving it).

When accessing the FA module, I noticed that the $2VB is missing. Also I've been coding in the NCS dummy profile. As my installation did not come with the ExpertMode/ExpertMan profile.

Can someone shine some light on this? I would immensly appreciate it!
Is $2VB missing in CAS VO? Might already be coded out. What other profiles came with your installation? Also make sure that the tpms module is disconnected. On pre lci coupes it's near the battery in a white box located in the right liner. In LCI coupes it's located behind the passenger rear tire in the rear liner.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
fishtime9
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i e90

You are correct, It's completely gone. I read somewhere that that some early 3 series models only have an FTM sensor (I have a 2007 328i). It came with the NCS Dummy profile and Default. I was just going to pull the appropriate fuses, lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtime9 View Post
You are correct, It's completely gone. I read somewhere that that some early 3 series models only have an FTM sensor (I have a 2007 328i). It came with the NCS Dummy profile and Default. I was just going to pull the appropriate fuses, lol.
Even though the VO is missing, make sure to default code (sg_codieren) CIC/CAPPL, Kombi and dsc to confirm coding is done to remove TPMS.
Appreciate 0