E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Combox Retrofit Help

05-20-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Combox Retrofit Help

I am trying to code combox retrofit onto my friends 2011 335i and running into a few problems specifically with the SOS warning. Steps I did below:

Car build date: #0310 (Did not change build date)

Delete $633, $612, $616 (Car did not have any of these in vehicle order to begin with)

Add: $614, $615, $644 (Would not let me add $644); $6AL; $6FL; $6NF; $6VC; $6NR; $7SP

Default coded CIC and Media. Bluetooth audio streaming and phone pairing was working fine but USB media and charging was not working. My friend installed the usb port and ran the line from the Combox but he believes that the line might've been the wrong one so he ordered an oem one, the VO for USB is there so I assume the coding is there. Connected drive is not on the screen and Office is there but only has phone book within it. Shouldn't connected drive be an available option now?

As for SOS Malfunction. I added +TELD to CAS and default coded KOMBI and CIC but the fault remained. Do I have to default any other modules? I tried default coding ECALL and ABG but both failed for some reason. Any info on how to get the SOS malfunction off? The other modules in the list are 2JBBF, 63BMO, ABG, AFS, CAS, CIC, CID, DSC, DWAI, DWAS, ECALL, EKP, FAS, FZD, IHK, KOMBI, LSCMC, MEDIA, NFRM PDC, PGS, RDCLC, RLS, RSMC, TGBT, TGFT, ZBE.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalcoding View Post
I am trying to code combox retrofit onto my friends 2011 335i and running into a few problems specifically with the SOS warning. Steps I did below:

Delete $633, $612, $616 (Car did not have any of these in vehicle order to begin with)

Add: $614, $615, $644 (Would not let me add $644); $6AL; $6FL; $6NF; $6VC; $6NR; $7SP

Default coded CIC and Media. Bluetooth audio streaming and phone pairing was working fine but USB media and charging was not working. My friend installed the usb port and ran the line from the Combox but he believes that the line might've been the wrong one so he ordered an oem one, the VO for USB is there so I assume the coding is there. Connected drive is not on the screen and Office is there but only has phone book within it. Shouldn't connected drive be an available option now?

As for SOS Malfunction. I added +TELD to CAS and default coded KOMBI and CIC but the fault remained. Do I have to default any other modules? I tried default coding ECALL and ABG but both failed for some reason. Any info on how to get the SOS malfunction off? The other modules in the list are 2JBBF, 63BMO, ABG, AFS, CAS, CIC, CID, DSC, DWAI, DWAS, ECALL, EKP, FAS, FZD, IHK, KOMBI, LSCMC, MEDIA, NFRM PDC, PGS, RDCLC, RLS, RSMC, TGBT, TGFT, ZBE.
FA write -TELD for the sos delete. Then factory code the kombi.

For the combox delete $639 and add $644, $6vc, $6fl. If you want bmw apps you need $6nr and a fsc code on the cic.

Take any aftermarket Hsd cables and throw them away. Only use oem hsd cables. That is why your buddies 6fl is not working.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
Quote:

For the combox delete $639 and add $644, $6vc, $6fl. If you want bmw apps you need $6nr and a fsc code on the cic.

Take any aftermarket Hsd cables and throw them away. Only use oem hsd cables. That is why your buddies 6fl is not working.
Isn't it +TELD? I added TELD and default coded CIC and KOMBI but SOS is still there
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Code the Kombi module

TCM_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
TCM_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ

or

COMBOX_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
COMBOX_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
      05-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Isn't it +TELD? I added TELD and default coded CIC and KOMBI but SOS is still there
Add -TELD, I have installed 5 or 6 cic + combox kits in my life. I always use -TELD.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
Code the Kombi module

TCM_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
TCM_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ

or

COMBOX_ALIVE_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
COMBOX_ID_MONITOR -> nicht_activ
This. Or verify these are your values after adding -TELD
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
Quote:

Should text messages be present in the idrive? All we see if office, no connected drive option even though the VO is coded. Does an fcs need to be generated to get text messages on idrive?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #8
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Should text messages be present in the idrive? All we see if office, no connected drive option even though the VO is coded. Does an fcs need to be generated to get text messages on idrive?
Text messaging only works with Android phones.
Appreciate 0