E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Rules for the Detailing Forum (update Dec 09)

12-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Rules for the Detailing Forum (update Dec 09)

This forum is for members to discuss detailing and how to keep our cars looking their best. All are free to post here, provided you follow the general forum rules -- no spamming, no personal attacks, no offensive posts, and no commercial advertising (except by supporting vendors). These general rules can be found in the "Forum Rules/Guidelines" sticky at the top of all BimmerPost forums.

On the topic of commercial advertising: after some discussion, we have decided that all members may post "before and after" threads or step by step photo threads of recent details, provided the post contributes positively to the community.

The goal here is to teach, to learn, and to have fun discussing detailing products and techniques with other enthusiasts. We do not want posts that do not contribute to this goal or are nothing more than advertisements from non-sponsors. As with other BimmerPost forums, non-sponsors may not conduct business here, mention the name of their detailing company, or put commercial links or ads in their signatures or profile. If you are interested in doing so, contact Jason to be set up as a supporting vendor. On the other hand, we do want full participation from the whole community of people who enjoy detailing, and who want to share their experience and help each other.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Violations of these rules can result in the loss of posting privileges.
      12-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Guys, you'll notice we deleted the prior sticky thread. We reflected some more about how this forum should work, and decided it works best when we can all participate and share our work with each other. The "before and after" and "step by step detail" threads can really help all of us -- most of whom are here to "talk shop" -- and they have made for some interesting and educational threads in the past. We've decided to allow them, provided people don't abuse the system. We've got a really great detailing community here, and we do best when we're all learning from each other.

You'll note that this still does not mean free advertising for non-sponsors. It's pretty easy to tell when someone is abusing the system or is here just to garner clients. Those posts will be deleted. Let me or one of the other mods know if you see someone taking advantage of the rules.

Thanks for reading and I hope this meets with a positive reception. As stated above, feel free to ask any questions or vent in this thread.
      12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

This all sounds good to me. I'm glad the old thread was removed and this one is here to clarify things for everyone. As I said in the last thread, it's understandable from an administrative perspective why blatant advertising shouldn't be allowed in this (or any other) forum. But this is a reasonable compromise, and I'm glad everyone can post details and continue to share wealths of knowledge. Based on the time I've spent here over the past year, this should work out well.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up those two posts BK.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It's good to see admins actually listen to requests by members. We knew you'd come around to "The Shiny Side"

Best regards,
Wede
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
C.D.335xi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Garage List
2014 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Thanks to the Admins for listening to member feedback. The detailing section is very informative - this will help ensure that it remains so.
      12-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
absix
Mu mu muh muli, maikouuu!
Rep
Drives: F10 M5; F25 2.0d;

Amen!
      12-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Glad to see the "common sense" prevailed & the admins/moderators listening to forum majority.

Thanks.

Appreciate 0