E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Few issues noticed

01-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
jamescurran1994
Rep
Drives: E92 325D M Sport Lemans Blue

Few issues noticed

Hi just recently purchased a e92 325d m sport have a thread with pics below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331377

put the car on a rolling road and discovered it is remapped to 274bhp was mapped by previous owner by avon tuning outside bristol and dpf delete receipt for £500 so they must be reputable, which shocked me however the torque was lowish at 317lb if anyone can recommend what they think?

diesel wise she does around 350-400 mile to a tank which I find is low also but I would say its related to the remap?

Another issue I noticed is when the passenger puts down his window it goes straight back up but when I put it down it stays down not sure if that it is security or anything?

also intermittently the traction abs etc flash whenever the want sometimes and its occasionally at random times and chirp and beep, checked with computer no sensors etc but does say can communication error, also I have noticed this has happened twice that the airbag light comes on only twice when this happened and when it did I turned car off to see if it would clear itself but to go start car again it had no power steering, turned car off again and on and power steering back

will get a picture of lights on dash tomorrow if anyone has any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Last edited by jamescurran1994; 01-11-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
ed330D
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Nice looking car.

Without seeing the torque/hp curves it's difficult to comment on power output. However, it is not usual for a diesel to give maximum power at the very top of the rev range, which is what your 325d appears to be doing.

If the engine is producing the power claimed I'd expect problems with the torque converter of an automatic box, or the clutch/dmf of a manual box. Probably not want you wanted to hear.

What power steering fluid did you check? I'm under the impression it's electric.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
jamescurran1994
Rep
Drives: E92 325D M Sport Lemans Blue

Was at garage and said was checked presumed was fluid, i would say it must be a wire somewhere then if the fluid is electric, as of this morning the abs and tractiton hand brake light are on constantly no intermittentcy atall so guessing connection has been lost to the sensors or module, yeah the bhp is very high but torque doesn"t seem to reflect that
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
allanv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescurran1994 View Post
Hi just recently purchased a e92 325d m sport have a thread with pics below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331377

put the car on a rolling road and discovered it is remapped to 274bhp was mapped by previous owner by avon tuning outside bristol and dpf delete receipt for £500 so they must be reputable, which shocked me however the torque was lowish at 317lb if anyone can recommend what they think?

diesel wise she does around 350-400 mile to a tank which I find is low also but I would say its related to the remap?

Another issue I noticed is when the passenger puts down his window it goes straight back up but when I put it down it stays down not sure if that it is security or anything?

also intermittently the traction abs etc flash whenever the want sometimes and its occasionally at random times and chirp and beep, checked with computer no sensors etc but does say can communication error, also I have noticed this has happened twice that the airbag light comes on only twice when this happened and when it did I turned car off to see if it would clear itself but to go start car again it had no power steering, turned car off again and on and power steering back

will get a picture of lights on dash tomorrow if anyone has any ideas would be appreciated thanks
I had this issue on my 2008 E92 and it turned out to be a faulty electric steering rack. The module on it would sometimes just shutdown causing all sorts of lights and the lack of PAS.

It was expensive but hopefully not your issue.
Appreciate 0