E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Xenon Headlight Level Sensor - Weird Fit

10-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
AlexJK2356
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Xenon Headlight Level Sensor - Weird Fit

Hey everyone!

I've just finished doing a major front suspension refresh. As a part of this refresh I have changed out the lower control arm with lemforder oe parts. I broke the original headlight level sensor when I dropped the shock out earlier because I did not detach the sensor first. After I finished everything I went back to replace the headlight level sensor and it fit quite strange. When the car is on the ground I do not think there will be much of a problem except maybe the adjustment rod could get stuck/rub on the plastic sensor housing. However, when the car is in the air as I am working on it, the sensor barely fits, in fact the plastic arm that is directly attached to the sensor is literally bending, which does not seem correct at all. I am going to include some pictures. I am posting this in this forum because that lower control arm part and I am assuming the headlight level sensor setup as a whole is unique to xdrive. If there is a better place to post this then just let me know.

Thank you so much for any help.

P.S. In regards to the picture I have left the setup unbolted to put less stress on the parts. The situation is worse when the parts all bolted down.

Having trouble embedding the pictures, this should work though:
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0