E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Jb4 Magnet phone Mount

05-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Jb4 Magnet phone Mount

Hey,
I did a search but couldn't find the answers I was really looking for.
Does anyone use the JB4 phone mount? I usually don't like the look of a phone mount in interiors (OCD I guess) but this one looks pretty slick.

My only concerns is if the metal circle you stick to the back of your phone will cause any interference? I use wireless charging for my 11pro and I'm not sure if that metal plate will cause an issue ? Also curious if its a strong enough magnet to work through a apple phone case or not.
Any input is appreciated.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...e94b8f5a&_ss=r
      05-30-2020, 01:54 AM   #2
sbsk518
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Hey,
I did a search but couldn't find the answers I was really looking for.
Does anyone use the JB4 phone mount? I usually don't like the look of a phone mount in interiors (OCD I guess) but this one looks pretty slick.

My only concerns is if the metal circle you stick to the back of your phone will cause any interference? I use wireless charging for my 11pro and I'm not sure if that metal plate will cause an issue ? Also curious if its a strong enough magnet to work through a apple phone case or not.
Any input is appreciated.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...8f5a&_ss=r
I have a phone mount from Rennline (~$60) that looks factory. Its the best option I've found but like all magnetic holders you have to attach a steel plate to the back of the phone. I don't use wireless charging that often so its no big deal to me but the plate does interfere with the charging when I do (doesn't really work most of the time unless I take it out of the case).
Appreciate 0