E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Nattys blue wax vs Nattys red wax vs BFWD || On Black Sapphire M5

07-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Nattys blue wax vs Nattys red wax vs BFWD || On Black Sapphire M5

Hey guys, so i know there might be a few of you out there that was wondering the same as I was wondering. Which wax/sealant looks best for your car. Everyone knows pre and polish is the key to getting an amazing shine, as wax and sealants cant add much if the work under isn't done properly, and this is always true!

Car has some light swirls as you can slightly see in the pics, haven't done any polishing since new years.
I calyed the whole trunk before applying the wax/sealant.

Nattys BLUE paste wax, I was recommended this wax for black and has gotten GREAT reviews. It is meant for dark colored cars, some say it mutes metallic flakes, and it can hide very light imperfections.

Nattys RED paste wax, is suppose to be great for metallic paints as it makes the flakes pop, is the more expensive of the two nattys waxs here, and doesn't hide imperfections as nattys blue might do.

Black fire wet diamond sealant, most people know this is one of the most popular sealant of choice, gives a long term protection and a nice shine many seem to like. Some say it doesn't have the same shine as traditional wax. Less of a deep glow then wax.

So I have all three, sealant I used on my daily driver, and the waxs I use on my Porsche and M5 since there garaged and get more detailing attnt.

Here are the pics on my trunk of my M5. All three on the trunk were split, into sections with a 2 inch gap between them.

FAR LEFT is Nattys Blue wax
MIDDLE is Nattys Red
FAR RIGHT is BFWD

Here are the pics:

Nattys blue:

NATTYS RED

BFWD

You guys be the judge..

But I stood there about 20 minutnes looking at all angels and I couldn't really tell the difference between all 3. Nothing major anyways.

But if I had to make any remarks,
Blue and red were very similar in there shine and glow. Metallics were just about the same, hard to tell if red maybe had a touch more pop, and blue maybe in some angels hid some webbing better. The WET, DEEP look was something I think the waxes had over the sealant, as the sealant just seemed to shine. Hard to describe.

BFWD was more slick then both waxes to the touch, looks like BFWD added more darkness to the black, depth might not have been as good as the waxes. BFWD also seemed to slightly had slight imperfections.

For now, im going to be doing my whole car with Nattys RED since I just had on Nattys Blue on the car. Nattys blue was awesome and looked amazing. Red is suppose to not hide imperfections as well, but make the metallic pop more. Either way there both great, as long as you use them often enough and wash properly after the fact.

Last edited by 5soko; 07-06-2013 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0