E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Hunting my first 'proper' car - BMW E91 LCI M Sport, Touring

02-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
SteliosTheo
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Post Hunting my first 'proper' car - BMW E91 LCI M Sport, Touring

No longer applicable! Delete please!

Last edited by SteliosTheo; 03-02-2018 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Delete please!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 04:36 AM   #2
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteliosTheo View Post
Hello All,

Go easy on me, this is my first ever post on a forum...

I'm looking for a E9X Series BMW for my first 'proper' car - I've had a couple of brand new sporty Civics in the past and I'm bored of that type of car. Naturally, a 23 year old virtual realty producer with no commitments would seek out a coupe or convertible right? wrong... I think the Touring / Wagon looks aggressive in M Sport trim and thus I've got about £5k(ish) to spend on a petrol version... I'd rather limit my purchasing budget to £5k(ish).

So far, I'm on the hunt for an all black M Sport, LCI with the biggest engine one can afford!

I'm in the process of poking around the forums to brush up on any 'horror stories', but if you come across this post and you've any suggestions, hints, or tips when it comes to buying, ownership, or anything else - please let me know!

Interested in peoples' opinions on whether one should get a pre-LCI with a bigger engine, or smaller engine LCI - which would you have...

Thanks,

Stelios.
Hi SteliosTheo, welcome to the forum!

At your 5k budget you are almost definitely looking at pre-LCI sport models, mainly 318d or 320d.... I have seem some high mileage LCI models on Autotrader but these are all SE models...

This is not a bad pre-LCI model...
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...0SERIES&page=1

I would be inclined to find one with the toys you want on the inside as these are more difficult to retrofit (iDrive etc).... An SE can be made "Sport" spec fairly easily and even LCI light conversions are pretty easy..

LCI Sport model with some miles....
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=Estate&page=1

Last edited by sirleeofroy; 02-27-2018 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Further info
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
surrey130i
Private
Rep
Drives: 130i convertible

In the UK £5,000 wont get you into any LCI other than accident damaged repaired or mega high mileage (and even then you wont get a 6 cylinder sport model for that sort of money).
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrey130i View Post
In the UK £5,000 wont get you into any LCI other than accident damaged repaired or mega high mileage (and even then you wont get a 6 cylinder sport model for that sort of money).
i paid £6650 for my LCI black 325d E91 2010 SE spec with 64k on the clock, although its a cosmetic write off in its past which puts a lot of people off. and that was cheap so unless you added a few more miles then you may still struggle?

LCI's do look very nice though!

i agree on the point of pick one with the internal spec you want, iDrive with the screen is nice and the satnav, heated leather is also nice and easy to clean....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #5
hondarayblue
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport

There are a few E91 Tourers on ebay. There's currently a 325i in black m sport trim for sale.
Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0