E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 135 KW V2 Coils?!

11-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
lemonpark
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E92

135 KW V2 Coils?!

hey guys,

just quick question, will KW V2 coils made for a 135 fit on my '08 335? The seller said this
"Yes, the coilover kit should fit an E92 because it's fairly common knowledge that suspension is interchangeable between the 1-series and the 3-series, which is why owners cross-shop the classifieds.

Please note, though, that KW (and most likely all suspension manufacturers) specify different part numbers for 1-series and 3-series and, from what I understand, this may be due to the 3-series being heavier and, therefore, those coilover kits are supplied with higher spring rates.

But if you look at the lower table on page 4 of the Installation Instructions for the E82 (coupe) and E92 (coupe), you will see that the spring signatures are actually the same, which makes me think it is entirely compatible - the E90 (sedan) spring signature (top table) is different to the E92/E82/E81/E87. As expected, the strut & shock signature is the same across E82, E81, E87, E92 & E90.

The best thing I can do is to suggest that you confirm this and determine if they will be suitable by contacting the Australian distributor (evlmotorsports.com.au) - although, they may not even know - or talk to someone that deals with this day-in and day-out, like HPA."

just want to confirm with anyone else that these will fit cos they are not from a local seller so if there are any problems I dont want to deal with the hassle. Is it just the spring rates that are different?

thank you
JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Backend Flash | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI | ER CP | Turbosmart Race Port BOV | Muffler Delete | H&R Sport Springs | BMS Cowl | BMW Performance Alcantara Wheel | M3 DCT Paddles | Muse Concept and Design Interior | 19" GTC-CX | M3 Lip Spoiler | Zieg CF Rear Diffuser | Flow Designs Front Lip | Black Grill | RGB LED Angel Eyes | 8000K HID |
Appreciate 0