E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Low-beam headlamp or fog lamp failed ??

07-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #1
zumone
Rep
Drives: e92 N43 2.0

Low-beam headlamp or fog lamp failed ??

Hello!

I hope you are all well and this is the correct forum.

When I woke up today I had noticed that someone had hit my rear bumper slightly, probably when trying to park or get out of the space.

Anyway, the bumper does not look too damaged, only the paint has been chipped a bit. I will take it to the body shop tomorrow to fix.

However, when I got into the car and started the engine, a beeping warning sound came on and a symbol on the dash screen with a dipped headlight and exclamation mark came on. I checked all of the lights and they seem to be working fine, could it be related to the knock on the rear bumper??

I have checked the book for the e92 and it turns out this symbol is for "Low-beam headlamp or fog lamp failed".

It is probably unrelated to the bump as the low beams are at the front of the car but it was impacted from the back, but could it be telling me there is something wrong with the rear fog lamps?

Anyone have any experience with this lighting issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0