E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Body shops in Atlanta

01-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2020 M2C

Garage List
Body shops in Atlanta

Looking for a body shop in Cobb, Cherokee or N Fulton counties that will do an estimate and possibly install aftermarket body parts. I like to consider all my options when it comes to work on my car. I've done a search and read the opinions and reviews, but they are mostly old and as we all know repair facilities change personnel as frequently as underwear.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukutash View Post
Looking for a body shop in Cobb, Cherokee or N Fulton counties that will do an estimate and possibly install aftermarket body parts. I like to consider all my options when it comes to work on my car. I've done a search and read the opinions and reviews, but they are mostly old and as we all know repair facilities change personnel as frequently as underwear.
Magnum off of 41 is top dog. Top dollar, too.

There's a body shop in Kennesaw behind Bimmer Service Center that did my bumper - great work.

Avoid: Crash Masters and Gerber
      01-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

My brother just went to Kong's Body Shop off of Cheshire Bridge. He had them paint and install an M Sport bumper on his F30. Work looks really good, it was an aftermarket bumper but you can't tell, everything lines up and the paint matches. The shop has been there forever and I remember way back in the day when I went to car shows, they did quite a few of the really custom ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post
Magnum off of 41 is top dog. Top dollar, too.

There's a body shop in Kennesaw behind Bimmer Service Center that did my bumper - great work.

Avoid: Crash Masters and Gerber
Went to Magnum and felt like they want to keep the customer out of the loop and do everything sort of behind closed doors, reminds me of the wizard of OZ. I guess it could be the clientele they are used to serving that doesn't care about what happens or how your going to do it as long as it looks new again. They didn't want to do an estimate, they just said drop the car off on this date and we will call when its done, bu-bye now. Not comforting at all to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #5
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
My brother just went to Kong's Body Shop off of Cheshire Bridge. He had them paint and install an M Sport bumper on his F30. Work looks really good, it was an aftermarket bumper but you can't tell, everything lines up and the paint matches. The shop has been there forever and I remember way back in the day when I went to car shows, they did quite a few of the really custom ones.

I read many good reviews of Kong's but they were old and wanted more recent reviews, thanks.
Appreciate 0