E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Start Stop button stays on! Battery discharge.

09-29-2022, 04:02 PM   #23
Bmw1939
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 328i, 2008 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkasson View Post
I'm assuming you don't have any door open warnings when the doors are actually closed? It appears there was a SIB about a problem like this, but it would usually cause those door open warnings: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587346

It does appear to be related to moisture/humidity - the FRM seems to read the contacts incorrectly if there's moisture in the area. Checking the doors and/or the FRM for any signs of water is probably a good place to start.
I don't have the door ajar light, but I will get the yellow key light when I put the key in sometimes when the door is closed. This light should only come on when you put the key in while the door is open. It is a weird limbo world. Won't be able to tear it all apart until this weekend. But so far we have had no codes the last couple days. Poor car can't be washed.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 10:55 PM   #24
Bmw1939
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 328i, 2008 BMW X3

Well, here we are. After a period of rain here in so cal I had the cc id 415 yellow warning and start button illuminated for more than week. Today I go to start the car and it's dead. Took the battery out and got it swapped out under warranty at AutoZone. The problem has since been resolved. We have some possibilities.

1. When I reinstalled the battery I plugged the blue to blue ibs cable in. I don't remember disconnecting it, but maybe I did. What could an unplugged ibs do?
2. The water coincidentally evaporated after the battery was already drained.
3. The 2 1/2 year old battery was bad all along.
4. By disconnecting the battery for a few hours it reset a glitch.

I'll keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 0