E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Do I have a bad Transfer case actuator? (First BMW)

06-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
Twinkie93
Twinkie_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 328 xi e92

Do I have a bad Transfer case actuator? (First BMW)

So about a year ago my dad gave me his old BMW E92 328xi coupe N52 3.0L and got himself a new one, i've been on this site since i got the car, and have been maintinng it decently and doing minor tweeaks here and there two weeks ago i kept getting the AWD ABS 4X4 (Red BRAKE) lights and tried mino things ive read on here, however my machine came in today and i was able to plug it in and got these codes, what is my first step how can i fix it? i belive i need a new transfercase, because i've already put in new camshaft sensors, and cleaned and Vano's and next week im going to replace my spark plugs and coils they come in tomorrow but with work and class i can't do it till next week becasue i read somewhere to replace them at 100K miles well i currently have 92K miles on it when he gave it to me it had 78K and no problems so this is the first major thing i've had here are the readings.

Dynamische Stabilitaets Kontrolle / DSC
Fault Code: 005F39
Fault Explanation: istribution transmission ECU: VG - clutch position unknown. / Distribution transmission ECU: clutch position unknown. / Distribution transmission ECU: VG Disorder - clutch position unknown --- (DSC: Transfer Case: internal) / Distribution transmission ECU: VG clutch defective - clutch position unknown

Then i also got AWD - CC - ID 370

i tried unpluging fuse F20 for the DSC but it still came on the lights, it's weird tho casue when i went to read the car i put it on (On Mode) pushed the buttton without holding brake, and the Reader said car didn't have any fualt codes, it only picks up the codes when the ignition is actually on.

Thanks again guys for all the help if there's anyhing that i missed please let me know.
Appreciate 0