E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > New to platform 13' E92 please help

07-05-2019, 08:12 PM   #1
Coltace45
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i E92

Lightbulb New to platform 13' E92 please help

Hello, i'm VERY new to the platform. I have a 2013 E92 with headlight issues. Per the VIN it has xenon headlights. Since i'm so darn new to the platform i'm confused as hell and have a bazillion questions. SO i'll start from the top. Oh and its an I6 and i absolutely love the new platform. EDIT: I have adaptive headlight error

Ok so.. here we go. I'll describe the issues.
Driverside= only turn signals AND fod lights work
Passenger side= only angel eyes AND fogs and turn signals work.

Took it to a BMW shop and was told i need to buy the following to have full operation:
[2] headlight bulbs DS1 63217217509
[1] headlight control unit MRL 63117356250

I found the sticky that says
Front:
Low Beam / High Beam: D1S Xenon
Cornering Lights: H3
Angel Eyes: H8
Foglights: Stock = H8 / M-Tech = H11
Front Turn Signals: PY24W
Side Turn Signals: 168

I'm not going to do OEM if i can help it, I figure since i'm going to have the bumper off thursday i'm going to do everything at once. light (upgrade if possible and fogs.

lets start at the fog light level since its less complicated.
from what i'm seeing LED is a headache and a half? throws some code, which i dont really have time for, IF i wanted to put in LED's here am i going to have issues? it prefer LED's unless its going to be a headache. ive watched videos online and it looks simple as heck but nobody goes into having code issues. WHat are my options here?

Headlights... ok so heres where i'm confused as sin. i'm going to make some assumptions here. I'm assuming the control unit being out is why the entire driver side is out? the bulbs (xenon) do they control the low beam AND high beam in one bulb?
from the sticky its clear the halo's or angel eyes or whatever are their own bulb? How about led's here. i went to LUX's website but again i'm running into compatibility issues as m car is 2013...

I'd like to have as much LED as possible if its convenient. I'm assuming having the xenon option is how i should keep the actual high/lo beam?

Ok the control unit i'm assuming it will ONLY control xenon so i should just STICK with them?

i'm a visual learner so pictures or links with products to buy would be fantastic lol

Thank you for your help.

Last question......WHY IN THE HECK is a 2013 seem like such an anomaly? pick a site any site.... aftermarket parts for the E92 seem to only go up to 2012... leaving me scratching my head.. what about me? lol

Last edited by Coltace45; 07-05-2019 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: added adaptive headlight error
Appreciate 0