E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E90 335i - 2FDB fuel high press

06-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Montye90
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2007

E90 335i - 2FDB fuel high press

Morning All, been a while since I have been on here, just looking for some quick advice. Car has just ticked over 91,000km. On the weekend, I barely drive the car now, I got a cel. I was accelerating past the a typical 95% (can’t drive or help themselves in life) hit about 4000rpm and the car started studdering. Stopped at the lights and got a rough idle. Accelerated gently from one set of lights to the next and idle was smooth again. I remembered I recently had an O2 cel, it they Are less than 5k old, so I cleared it and thought it must be that.

Parked the car for 30, drove home and now it studders really bad ( no power) at 4000rpm approx. I plugged in my MHd code reader and have a misfire on cylinder 5 and got the subject code. Also a degraded O2 sensor. I am not a mechanic, but I did some reading and nothing was conclusive.

Question to the wise ones, I am guessing either HPFP replacement time or fuel sensor on the rail?

FCP euro would be my friend here still...correct?

Thanks all...
BMW 335i October 2007 Build. VR Speed down pipes, heat coated by HiOctane, BMS DCI, MHD Stage 2, Index 12 Injectors, Eldor Coils. RB Outlets & Inlets installed. Wagner Evo 2 Comp installed, Charge pipe with Tial BOV installed. Stage 2 lpfp installed. Motiv ethanol sensor and flex fuel installed. MHD v8 stage 2+ e50 map installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montye90 View Post
Morning All, been a while since I have been on here, just looking for some quick advice. Car has just ticked over 91,000km. On the weekend, I barely drive the car now, I got a cel. I was accelerating past the a typical 95% (can’t drive or help themselves in life) hit about 4000rpm and the car started studdering. Stopped at the lights and got a rough idle. Accelerated gently from one set of lights to the next and idle was smooth again. I remembered I recently had an O2 cel, it they Are less than 5k old, so I cleared it and thought it must be that.

Parked the car for 30, drove home and now it studders really bad ( no power) at 4000rpm approx. I plugged in my MHd code reader and have a misfire on cylinder 5 and got the subject code. Also a degraded O2 sensor. I am not a mechanic, but I did some reading and nothing was conclusive.

Question to the wise ones, I am guessing either HPFP replacement time or fuel sensor on the rail?

Thanks all...
Do you have long cranks?

How old is your hpfp?

Seems like that could be the culprit
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:

Thanks all...
It could be a faulty injector on cylinder 5. My son had a similar experience with his 335i and it turned out to be a faulty injector.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
Montye90
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

No long cranks. New O2 sensor fixed it, so far...

Installed Motiv ethanol sensor and flex box. Having fun getting MHD monitoring to analyse the ethanol content %... not sure if anyone else has done this yet?
BMW 335i October 2007 Build. VR Speed down pipes, heat coated by HiOctane, BMS DCI, MHD Stage 2, Index 12 Injectors, Eldor Coils. RB Outlets & Inlets installed. Wagner Evo 2 Comp installed, Charge pipe with Tial BOV installed. Stage 2 lpfp installed. Motiv ethanol sensor and flex fuel installed. MHD v8 stage 2+ e50 map installed.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #5
Montye90
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
It could be a faulty injector on cylinder 5. My son had a similar experience with his 335i and it turned out to be a faulty injector.
Thanks Coupes, less than 5000km brand new index 12 injectors have been installed. Interesting enough, after installing the e50 map, that’s where the detonation was occurring. Also have less than 5000km elder coils as well as spark plugs...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 07:43 AM   #6
titan.n54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
No long cranks. New O2 sensor fixed it, so far...

Installed Motiv ethanol sensor and flex box. Having fun getting MHD monitoring to analyse the ethanol content %... not sure if anyone else has done this yet?
Which was the relation between the O2 sensor and HPFP shadow code?
Appreciate 0