E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Want to go Yellow for Fogs

02-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i

Hey guys,

Looking to go yellow for contrast with my headlights.

I've seen a lot of people talking about Nokya and also seen some housings getting melted.

Saw some Hella's on Amazon that seem promising.

Need your experience on these bulbs or what do you recommend?

Thanks

HELLA H11 Yellow-55W YL Xtreme Yellow Bulbs, 12V, 55W 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VYZ2TP..._jGABCbZKE83J2
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I had the Nokya. PIAA are good too. I run regular LED now in my fogs though. I understand you may be going for a look with yellow though.
Appreciate 1
NitroKing224.00
      02-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I had the Nokya. PIAA are good too. I run regular LED now in my fogs though. I understand you may be going for a look with yellow though.
Yeah I don't wanna do the led since I'm not sure about causing bulb out lights.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

I think the Hella's are nice.

Not sure of the Nokya, causing burning up issues?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #5
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroKing View Post
Yeah I don't wanna do the led since I'm not sure about causing bulb out lights.
The HPB Led we offer are Error Free for 2008+ models.

Quote:
I think the Hella's are nice.

Not sure of the Nokya, causing burning up issues?
In general a 55W halogen is a 55W halogen in terms of heat output. Halogen's have more of their heat source at the tip/bulb. LED on the contrary have all their heat behind the LED instead. (that's why you usually see heat sinks in the back of LED.
Appreciate 1
NitroKing224.00
      02-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

Might pick up the Sylvania Fog Vision at AutoZone tomorrow.

Looks reliable and good color.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

Ordered Nokyas.. Last time I changed the fogs, I had the bumper off due to new headlight install.

Soo pulling back on the wheel liner to gain access is my best bet?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #8
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Ordered Nokyas.. Last time I changed the fogs, I had the bumper off due to new headlight install.

Seems to be the easiest way, crank the wheel and give yourself a little extra room...

Let me know how those work out. I want some yellow fogs as well. Thinking about seeing if I can retrofit an x5 led projector into one of our fogs and then do a yellow film.

If not that, a morimoto mini might fit in a fog housing... could be cool to run a 3k HID in a mini projector and have a relay to run the shutter off the flash to pass.
Appreciate 1
NitroKing224.00
      07-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d LCI

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Seems to be the easiest way, crank the wheel and give yourself a little extra room...

Let me know how those work out. I want some yellow fogs as well. Thinking about seeing if I can retrofit an x5 led projector into one of our fogs and then do a yellow film.

If not that, a morimoto mini might fit in a fog housing... could be cool to run a 3k HID in a mini projector and have a relay to run the shutter off the flash to pass.
I got the yellow PIAA bulbs in my fogs, love them, they're a deep yellow color and it looks great in my opinion. Even sent LUX a message if there's a possibility of them making me a one-off custom set of yellow halo bulbs for my car to match.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #10
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steini9494 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post

I got the yellow PIAA bulbs in my fogs, love them, they're a deep yellow color and it looks great in my opinion. Even sent LUX a message if there's a possibility of them making me a one-off custom set of yellow halo bulbs for my car to match.
Looks awesome! Neat idea with the leds behind the grille, don't see that everyday.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #11
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d LCI

Quote:
Looks awesome! Neat idea with the leds behind the grille, don't see that everyday.
Thanks, these halogen headlights aren't that bright, even with philips xtreme vision, the high beam felt lacking, i thought about an LED bar on the bumper but i didn't like how that looked, got this idea from a thread here on this forum and went for these small pods from Rigid Industries, very high quality stuff, my dad has a 20" bar from some cheap company and these 2 small pods are like 5 times brighter than that, and to me this seems like the cleanest spot to install them. In the comparison pic you can see high beam vs the LEDs, you can see how much farther they reach, and off to the sides they provide a lot of extra light. They're wired to the high beams, with a switch inside the car too, so when "on", they come on with the high beams, i love it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NitroKing224.00
      07-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #12
NitroKing
Bimmerrr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steini9494 View Post
Quote:
Thanks, these halogen headlights aren't that bright, even with philips xtreme vision, the high beam felt lacking, i thought about an LED bar on the bumper but i didn't like how that looked, got this idea from a thread here on this forum and went for these small pods from Rigid Industries, very high quality stuff, my dad has a 20" bar from some cheap company and these 2 small pods are like 5 times brighter than that, and to me this seems like the cleanest spot to install them. In the comparison pic you can see high beam vs the LEDs, you can see how much farther they reach, and off to the sides they provide a lot of extra light. They're wired to the high beams, with a switch inside the car too, so when "on", they come on with the high beams, i love it.
Wow that's crazy bright! Props for sure
Appreciate 0