E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Windshield

07-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
Bimmer330
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2006 330i

Windshield

I need my windshield replace so i called a local bmw and they’re asking for 1,000. The lowest the guy said it could possibly go is 900. Is there anywhere else anyone would suggest getting the windshield replace for cheaper ?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330 View Post
I need my windshield replace so i called a local bmw and they’re asking for 1,000. The lowest the guy said it could possibly go is 900. Is there anywhere else anyone would suggest getting the windshield replace for cheaper ?
Why would you not run this under your insurance? It will hit COMP, not COLL, so no increase in premiums. Deductible is usually lower or $0, depending on your location.
      07-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Not sure how it is in various parts of the world and from insurance company to insurance company, but definitely something that one can claim through your insurance, even if it's pitted from age should be a good enough reason since it compromises safety in terms of visibility, but whether they will fit genuine OEM windshield as opposed to a replacement does depend on your insurance. Some years back my car got pummelled with some road debris resulting in a few nasty chips on the windshield, but my current insurance won't replace with proper OEM, and since mine is one of the rare examples to NOT have rain sensor, this means the absolute cheapest nastiest replacement will be fitted, so opted to just have the chips filled for the time being. But at some point I will have to replace it when it starts to become more pitted with age.

Appreciate 0