E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "power window anti-trap function" error message.. please help!!!

07-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
"power window anti-trap function" error message.. please help!!!

i am receiving "power window anti-trap" error message on my dash and my idrive screen. it appears every 20-30 seconds. it is really annoying. i have done a search on this forum and on google, but i have only found 2 similar solutions. they both tell me to roll down the window and hold it down for 5 seconds and then roll it up and hold it for 5 seconds. this method is suppose to reset it, but doesnt seem to work for me. i still get the message. if i detach the battery will that reset the message error? or will it do more harm than good? also if i disconnect the battery can i just disconnect the ground?

i received this message after installing the navandtv2go module and my dvd player. i dont really want to remove it and bring it to the dealer if i dont have to. please help if anyone has any suggestions. thanks!!!

Last edited by ntpcrew13; 07-29-2006 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2006, 01:21 AM   #2
collinp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13
i am receiving "power window anti-trap" error message on my dash and my idrive screen. it appears every 20-30 seconds. it is really annoying. i have done a search on this forum and on google, but i have only found 2 similar solutions. they both tell me to roll down the window and hold it down for 5 seconds and then roll it up and hold it for 5 seconds. this method is suppose to reset it, but doesnt seem to work for me. i still get the message. if i detach the battery will that reset the message error? or will it do more harm than good? also if i disconnect the battery can i just disconnect the ground?

i received this message after installing the navandtv2go module and my dvd player. i dont really want to remove it and bring it to the dealer if i dont have to. please help if anyone has any suggestions. thanks!!!
Unfortunately I don't have much to add. I had this one after a software update from the dealer. There was one window which would go down about two inches at a time and then stop until I hit the button again. The solution for me was as you described, roll down the window fully and hold the button for a few seconds.

- Collin
Appreciate 0