E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help High/full Beams don’t work.

08-03-2022, 12:13 PM   #1
Abenir
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320i M Sport

Help High/full Beams don’t work.

Hey guys I need help I have a 2009 LCI 320i m sport with adaptive xenon headlights.

I recently bought some aftermarket Headlight cause my OEM ones got damaged thinking time for an upgrade oh was I wrong. I got it fitted at a garage they did some wiring work (I don’t know if I just got scammed or the headlights where just faulty) at first the full beams were working intermittently then they stopped working so I bought a second hand headlight to replace my broken one. So now I’m back to my OE stuff. I seen that the yellow and brown wire was cut so I rewired them hoping that would fix the full beams but it didn’t.

So when I full the stalk towards me to flash nothing happens at night in auto mode but at the day time the low beam would flash when I full towards me. But nothing happens when I push away twice to activate full beams.

When in manual mode low beams turn on as normal but full beams aren’t working the full beam light goes on but nothing.

I have checked the fuses they are ok the head ligh stops working if I input them so I assume they are working and asked the garage if they did any coding after the aftermarket’s where installed they confirmed no coding was done.

Thanks anyone that can help me 😀
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:19 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

1-Verify wiring is correct.
2-Verify bulbs are good.
3-Reset frm short circuit counters.
4-Default code frm.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 06:42 PM   #3
Abenir
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
1-Verify wiring is correct.
2-Verify bulbs are good.
3-Reset frm short circuit counters.
4-Default code frm.
How do I do 3 and 4 as all bulbs are correct, I’ll be having someone check the wiring properly but all seems to be ok
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:10 PM   #4
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

You need some kind of bmw coding software so you can access the FRM and reset it and default code it.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #5
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

The bulb that provides light for low and high beam is same but only difference is the cut off shade is pulled out of way when in high beam mode. The shutter is moved by a simple solenoid and is powered by 2 wires. If you remove the bigger if the 2 rear covers, you can see the 2 wire connector. The two wires lead to main connector of headlight. I’m unsure which tabs on main connector go the these 2 leads. I do have a figure showing this from 2 yrs ago I’ll have to consult. My best advice is to see if you get 12 V to the 2 leads when in high beam mode (stalk pushed forward). If yes, your shutter solenoid went bad.
I’m with Serf27 that you likely aren’t getting power to the solenoid leads. I’ll find picture abd upload for you.
Appreciate 0