E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Fusebox differences between models

08-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #1
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Fusebox differences between models

Might be a silly question but ive failed to get an anwser from the google or even figure out the combination of keywords to search.

Is anyone able to tell me are all fuseboxes internally wired the same?

To explain:
I have 2 cars..
1 donor car "m sport" bmw with a type 1 fusebox
and 1 daily driver non m sport with a type 1 fusebox

I have taken the loom (connector from front of fusebox in glovebox) that goes to radio/dash.. etc out of the donor car and put it into my car.. and successfully done a idrive conversion

Recently.. i was back in there to clean wires up and pull the carpet up to fix some water damage.. and id been reminded of how i had to jump a wire from the headunit to get the idrive controller to work. But the new loom from donor car had a power wire.. it just never worked..

So am i right in assuming the fusebox isin't "internally wired" for a car with a controller (since i never swapped the fusebox) or are they all the same and you just need to add a fuse to make it go?

I also retrofitted the sports seats.. I have no idea why but since moving them back to make it easier to work.. the drivers seat has just stopped responding at all. I've checked fuses 32 and 33 and they're fine.. and passenger seat works fine.. so not sure whats going on there but it did stop me to think about the memory seat function i had also never seen working and whether or not i need to add a fuse to make that work.. or swap fuseboxes..

I hope i am making sense.. it's quite late here in Aus at the moment. Interested in hearing from the smarter folks on here about this.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 03:27 PM   #2
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

Did you fit CCC or CIC?
Do you mean early type by type 1? Ie. Has very few mini blade fuses, and more maxi blade?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 05:42 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

See link
See first item in link
Used to be a free item
Fuse boards changed several times in the first few years.
Perhaps the following link is easier
https://fuse-box.info/bmw/bmw-3-seri...uses-and-relay
They don't put fuses in uninstalled options.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E9x References, 220216 Revision-2-2.pdf (240.0 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by ctuna; 08-07-2022 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 08:29 PM   #4
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Did you fit CCC or CIC?
Yes..

I've had all 3.. I originally had no idrive. Swapped to M-ASK system from donor car, Then i got a CCC system.. and eventually was able to upgrade to MID-CIC system. And eventually added a combox to the boot. And currently running one of those piggyback android boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Do you mean early type by type 1?
See Ctuna's post with link to the same fuse diagram im currently using

Quote:
They don't put fuses in uninstalled options.
But aside from the fuses not being there.. Are they all wired the same behind the glovebox/internally so that if you wanted to add extra stuff you just needed to add the fuse and wiring to the front connector?
Appreciate 0