E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Replaced LCI tail light but turn signal still bad

05-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
LeYoshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E92

Replaced LCI tail light but turn signal still bad

Hello everyone,

I've seen posts about a bad read turn signal everywhere on this forum and I now also have this issue.

My rear passenger side turn signal (LED Board) is out and I've been looking for a solution for awhile now and still haven't found a decent answer. I ordered a new rear tail light and installed it, however I STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

I read somewhere that there is no fuse for the rear tail lights, can anyone confirm that?
Can this be a result of a bad module?
Could anyone point me in the right direction to finding a fix for this BS?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

How long has it been out? You may have tripped the short circuit counter on that turn signal which needs to be reset via Tool32. If that happened, the car shuts down that circuit entirely which could explain why it's not turning on even with the new tail light assembly.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
LeYoshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
How long has it been out? You may have tripped the short circuit counter on that turn signal which needs to be reset via Tool32. If that happened, the car shuts down that circuit entirely which could explain why it's not turning on even with the new tail light assembly.
It went out about a month ago, am I able to take it to my local BMW shop to have them diagnose it through tool32?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
allstar335is
Private
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeYoshi View Post
Hello everyone,

I've seen posts about a bad read turn signal everywhere on this forum and I now also have this issue.

My rear passenger side turn signal (LED Board) is out and I've been looking for a solution for awhile now and still haven't found a decent answer. I ordered a new rear tail light and installed it, however I STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

I read somewhere that there is no fuse for the rear tail lights, can anyone confirm that?
Can this be a result of a bad module?
Could anyone point me in the right direction to finding a fix for this BS?

Is the old tail
Light for sale?
Appreciate 0