E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW/MINI of South Atlanta

11-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Thumbs down BMW/MINI of South Atlanta

We had given our mini cooper S for the annual oil change and for service bulletin work concerning the exhaust pipes. we had been handwashing the car right from the new car prep onwards, and I specifically asked them to not wash the car.

at the end of the work, we found out that the car was washed and had swirls all over the paint. from my hand washes it did have minor swirling but these used to be in one direction only. The car now had spider webbing all over the place. When we brought this to the SA's attention, the service manager stepped in. Despite the florid spider webbing, this guy felt there were no swirls, but with a patronizing manner, offered to have the car detailed. Naive fools that we were, we left the car for a day. The car still had the spider webbing without any change from before, although it now looked waxed. At this point the SA informed me that they 'buffed' the swirls out. when I mentioned the need for polishing out the swirls, I was given the explanation that their experienced detailers work on $140K cars. I approached the service manager, who re-iterated the fact that they work on 120-140K cars.

The current status is, I am now trying to find reliable detailers to get quotes from, so the dealership would pay for getting the swirls removed. Hopefully this will work out. I do understand that it was a mistake when they washed the car. That we had to waste so much time and effort for this stupid mistake and be treated in this condescending manner on top, has made this a very disagreeable experience.
      11-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
We had given our mini cooper S for the annual oil change and for service bulletin work concerning the exhaust pipes. we had been handwashing the car right from the new car prep onwards, and I specifically asked them to not wash the car.

at the end of the work, we found out that the car was washed and had swirls all over the paint. from my hand washes it did have minor swirling but these used to be in one direction only. The car now had spider webbing all over the place. When we brought this to the SA's attention, the service manager stepped in. Despite the florid spider webbing, this guy felt there were no swirls, but with a patronizing manner, offered to have the car detailed. Naive fools that we were, we left the car for a day. The car still had the spider webbing without any change from before, although it now looked waxed. At this point the SA informed me that they 'buffed' the swirls out. when I mentioned the need for polishing out the swirls, I was given the explanation that their experienced detailers work on $140K cars. I approached the service manager, who re-iterated the fact that they work on 120-140K cars.

The current status is, I am now trying to find reliable detailers to get quotes from, so the dealership would pay for getting the swirls removed. Hopefully this will work out. I do understand that it was a mistake when they washed the car. That we had to waste so much time and effort for this stupid mistake and be treated in this condescending manner on top, has made this a very disagreeable experience.
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about this. Is there anything I can do to help? Let me know. I apologize in advance that this has caused you any inconvenience and grief.

What color is your Mini Cooper S? When did you stop by?

You're welcome to email me at adriansbmw@gmail.com (Posted same reply on www.bimmerfest.com)
Appreciate 0