E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Mueller investigation, what we know so far

Today, 11:04 AM   #3807
Delta0311
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
What full report? At best you're gong to get a heavily redacted report. At which point you're probably going to complain that the proof must be hidden in whatever data has been redacted.

Seriously...
I think some people have a hard time understanding what a summary is. The summary states there was no wrong doing so what the fuck do they hope to find in the report. And how utterly pathetic do people have to be to be mad that our president was vindicated of any wrong doing.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:06 AM   #3808
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
So that's why Barr was picked to be AG, another hell of an assumption there. Barr is a conservative straight shooter who served honorably in the position previously and is a man of integrity and a no nonsense legal professional. Maybe that's why he was chosen.
Correct, a straight shooter. I've never said anyting differently. Look at my posts in "Trump hit and miss". He also thinks Mueller is a straight shooter. He's on the record as saying that. I also believe that.
      Today, 11:24 AM   #3809
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I think some people have a hard time understanding what a summary is. The summary states there was no wrong doing so what the fuck do they hope to find in the report. And how utterly pathetic do people have to be to be mad that our president was vindicated of any wrong doing.
Dems want the full report. That includes all the names of people interviewed, which was a ton. Then they could start doxxing and chasing them down in grocery stores.
      Today, 11:24 AM   #3810
N54Yankee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Correct, a straight shooter. I've never said anyting differently. Look at my posts in "Trump hit and miss". He also thinks Mueller is a straight shooter. He's on the record as saying that. I also believe that.
Guess you missed my point for whatever reason. You claimed that Barr voiced his opinion of obstruction and that's why the President chose him to fill the position, not that he's a straight shooter, that's what I called you on.
Mueller is for the most part a straight shooter, he worked hard for years to come up with any evidence he could at all to get the CIC charged but was legally unable to do so and unlike the dems he didn't make up shit to indict him. He's not about to throw his long career away in the final stretch by composing BS in the report to falsely incriminate the President. He's not as stupid as many of the other players on the impeach trump team.
Even on the obstruction issue he leaves it very vague, rides the fence even though it's a losing proposition for the left to advance past the usual lib network rantings. He cleverly doesn't resort to fabricate anything but leaves questions of doubt and he passed the buck to someone else to hold the bag. Pretty Sneaky shit there but it will also fail.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:29 AM   #3811
Real Dodger
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Now we are gonna spin the wheel of legal jargon to see what else we can possibly use against Trump. For fucks sake the man has been cleared of any wrong doing but the dems and the main stream media still won't stop the attacks against him.
Ongoing investigations of Trump and others:
Trump Tower meeting
In June 2016, Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort convened at Trump Tower to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Kremlin-linked Russian lobbyist.
Trump Jr. initially said the meeting had nothing to do with the Trump campaign, asserting that Veselnitskaya instead came to lobby against US sanctions on high-level Russian officials.
But he amended his statement after it was reported that he agreed to the meeting after he was offered "dirt" on Clinton by the publicist of Emin Agalarov, the son of a Russian oligarch with ties to Putin. The Washington Post later reported that Trump "dictated" the initially misleading statement his son put out after he was contacted about the story.
Both Trump and Donald Jr. later admitted publicly the meeting was part of an effort to benefit the Trump campaign.
It is illegal under US campaign finance law for campaigns to accept material aid from foreign nationals. Legal experts say that even if Veselnitskaya did not provide the promised "dirt," the laws are written in such a manner that even soliciting or inviting such material is a federal crime.
I think we will see this again. And Trump SR lied about knowing about the meeting.

On Dec. 12, Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen was sentenced to 36 months in prison after pleading guilty in August to eight federal crimes, including two large payoffs to silence women who claimed to have affairs with Trump, in violation of federal campaign finance laws.
Prosecutors said in their sentencing memo for Cohen that he made the payments "in coordination with and at the direction of" Trump, officially establishing him as an unindicted co-conspirator in the case.
Prosecutors also struck a non-prosecution agreement with American Media Inc., the parent company of the tabloid The National Enquirer, which paid $150,000 to buy the rights to McDougal's story (which the company never published).
Trump's two main defenses were that he had no knowledge the payments were illegal, and that they were made to protect his businesses and not to influence the election.
The NPA, however, clearly states that AMI "further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman's story so as to prevent it from influencing the election."
NBC and CNN both reported the unnamed Trump campaign official referenced in the NPA as being in the room with Cohen and AMI CEO David Pecker while the deal to purchase McDougal's story was being made, is none other than Trump himself.
Federal prosecutors in SDNY are also reportedly launching a criminal probe into whether the Trump inaugural committee misspent some of the $107 million it raised, and whether it brokered special access to the administration for top inaugural donors.
There will be more on this

More:
On Dec. 18, Trump agreed to dissolve his charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, after a lawsuit from the New York Attorney General's office alleged "persistently illegal conduct." This included unlawful coordination with the 2016 Trump campaign and multiple self-dealing transactions with the Trump Organization.
The suit seeks $2.8 million in restitution and a temporary ban on Trump and his three eldest children from serving on the boards of New York charitable foundations.
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is also investigating whether there is enough evidence to refer criminal charges against foundation executives to the AG's office for prosecution.
Incoming New York Attorney General Letitia James has pledged to also investigate Trump and the Trump Organization on a number of other fronts, including alleged tax evasion and aggressive pursuit of tax breaks.

Meanwhile, the attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, DC, are in the discovery phase of a lawsuit accusing Trump of violating the foreign and domestic emoluments clauses of the constitution, which prohibits elected officials from personally profiting off their office.
The suit, which is the first-ever emoluments case to go to trial, accuses Trump of illegally making money off his presidency by soliciting business from state and foreign government officials at Trump-owned hotels and restaurants.

And there is this:
Federal prosecutors in multiple offices have been looking into the record $107 million that Trumpís inauguration committee raised and asking questions about who the money came from, how it was spent and whether the committee gave donors favors or special access.

Remember her?
Cindy Yang, former owner of spa embroiled in Robert Kraft influence ...
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cind...ft.../story?id...
6 days ago - She told ABC News she is not a Chinese spy or intelligence threat and said ... She told ABC News correspondent Tara Palmeri that Trump and New ... (MORE: Democrats want FBI to investigate spa owner, Mar-a-Lago attendee Cindy Yang. A photo posted on Facebook shows Cindy Yang with President ..
Attached Images

Today, 11:33 AM   #3812
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

So we have 5 more years for people to cry about this and say there has to be more to it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:39 AM   #3813
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 sDrive35is

Quote:
I somewhat agree. The whole collision thing is done, trump won but it would be good to get the full report just to put it to bed. The American people want to see the whole report to know why Mueller could not say that trump was completely exonerated.

There maybe some info that technically isn't illegal, but could be deemed compromising i.e. if trump released the sanctions against an oligarch and proceeds to go into a business venture with him, trump using a bank tied to the Kremlin, oligarchs buying his properties at outrageous/ unrealistic mark up that far exceeds the local market. i.e. selling a $10 million property for $30 million when the rest of the properties in that area are stagnant. I'm not saying any of these happened. Only that if they did it technically would not be illegal (emoluments clause maybe but difficult to prove) but still unbecoming of a president.
GC LITES / BQ TUNE / MHD / FUEL IT BT ECA / WALBRO 525 LPFP / KW V3 / E9X M3 CONTROL ARMS / TURNER REAR CAMBER ARMS / RE BUSHINGS / H&R SWAYS / LUXON STRUTBAR / VRSF 7.5" FMIC / ER CP / TIAL BOV / VTT IN/OUTLETS / AFE PRO5R INTAKE / AR C.L. DP / BMS OCC / RB PVC / CF LIP + SIDE + SPOILER + DIFFUSER / IND REFLECTORS / BLK GRILLS / STUBBY / PB BBK / Forgestar F14 F: 19x9 et35 R: 19x10 et38/ Michelin PSS F: 245/35/19 R: 275/30/19
Appreciate 0