E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > n54 misfire on mhd stage 1+

08-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #23
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post

Dude, that situation is completely out of context to what it is here.

Here it it is over the top preventative maintenance.

So if my car is running perfectly fine without any issues at all you would still replace all coils and spark plugs right away instead of waiting to see if it will still run ok with a tune?

Do whatever you want, but don't go saying if you want to tune the car you have to change the plugs and coils before, because you don't.
I totally agree.. "preventative" maintenance is nonsense.. this is maintenance where you replace parts that work.. dont do that its illogical no matter what tune. Plugs are the only component here you might want to replace because its logical that they degrade with more heat and boost. But coils are not going to change with the tune. What anyone should do is monitor the logs as well as gather more information.. misfires under load are different from idle misfires.. LEan misfires are also very different.. So just replacing parts is not a good approach unless you are doing plugs
Appreciate 0