E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DIY Garage NoVA area

11-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
stoweboarder720
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335is

DIY Garage NoVA area

Hi guys, anyone know of a garage where you can do DIY work in the Northern Virginia area? It seems most of the ones I've found have shut down in recent years. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment building so it's very difficult to DIY work on the vehicle and I've always wanted to have a go-to place with a lift if something goes wrong. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I've scoured threads for this in the past. Unfortunately, I can't find any businesses (at least within a reasonable distance of NOVA) that offers a garage or lift. I heard that even some of the bases used to have them for military however those have pretty much gone away too. From what I understand, the liability and insurance to run one of these shops is somewhat cost prohibitive. I guess your best bet is to find a friend or someone on these forums willing to open their garage for a weekend or help you DIY for a small price.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

There are no DIY shops like this in the DMV, all have closed. I hear you can still work on your car at Aberdeen PG if you can get on base though. There's one in PA not far over the border, but I forgot the name.

Another option is to join BMWCCA. Our local chapter NCC has an awesome DIY program where local dealers and/or independent shops give us access to their lifts for the day as long as we buy parts from them. We usually run these events monthly, although still working on our 2019 calendar.

I've saved thousands doing my own maintenance/repairs/mods throughout the years and the knowledge that members have is incredible.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 2
      12-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
stoweboarder720
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
There are no DIY shops like this in the DMV, all have closed. I hear you can still work on your car at Aberdeen PG if you can get on base though. There's one in PA not far over the border, but I forgot the name.

Another option is to join BMWCCA. Our local chapter NCC has an awesome DIY program where local dealers and/or independent shops give us access to their lifts for the day as long as we buy parts from them. We usually run these events monthly, although still working on our 2019 calendar.

I've saved thousands doing my own maintenance/repairs/mods throughout the years and the knowledge that members have is incredible.
I noticed that, I'm pretty new to the area and honestly am thinking pretty seriously about joining the local CCA chapter, it seems pretty active and I just transitioned to an N54 powered vehicle so any knowledge I could have access to would be a life saver, plus it seems like a good place to meet like minded enthusiasts
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoweboarder720 View Post
I noticed that, I'm pretty new to the area and honestly am thinking pretty seriously about joining the local CCA chapter, it seems pretty active and I just transitioned to an N54 powered vehicle so any knowledge I could have access to would be a life saver, plus it seems like a good place to meet like minded enthusiasts
Use the link and my member # in my signature to join. I can answer any questions about CCA and I'm pretty familiar with e92 platform (had N54 335i and current e92 M3).

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 05:50 AM   #6
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
Use the link and my member # in my signature to join.
linky no worky
      12-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
linky no worky
sorry, fixed!

Appreciate 0